collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Want to go hunting?  (Read 144271 times)

Offline Jay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: none
Re: Want to go hunting?
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2014, 01:33:25 PM »
Totally new to hinting. Wanting to start with bow hunting. Preferably would like to try tracking and bow hunting hand in Hand thinking little before thanksgiving time so it be up or message me. I understand I probably wont get anything but who knows. Went when I was unger and teail hunted . I know the game has changed from jeans and shirt and vest to what it is now. But would like to hunt and will put in LV . Currently research g what liscence and tags I need us army I live in lacey WA .

Names jay 3608242824

Offline cavemanmike

• Pilgrim
  • I am a Retired Disabled Vet
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2014, 11:14:22 AM »
I am a disabled vet crossbow hunter looking for Hunting partner that is preferable retired (Disabled ok) to hunt late season archery deer and elk on the east side. Have 40 acres west of yakima in 368 unit at 4400 ft elevation. I can travel any where on the east side to hunt. Have camper and 3 seater side by side. also planning for next season. all my buddies are still working busy earning wages. :(
Just want to Hunt and Fish

Offline calebwhitworth5

• Pilgrim
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2014, 09:52:01 AM »
Jw if anyone can point me toward a spot near jblm that I can take my 5 year old hunting with me in. I don't want to do jblm because I hear there are some careless knuckle heads out there. He is dying to go with me as he has never done anything in the outdoors until his mom and I got together. I have a mf deer tag as well as a small game license any hints where we can go to try and still hunt a black tail or just blast bunnies would be great.

Offline Song Dog

• Hunter
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2014, 10:34:44 PM »
Filled both of my deer tags so now I get to go play with the new bird dog.  Heading up to Trout Lake area this Friday (10-24-14) to do some Grouse hunting and pick Mushrooms, if anyone in the Battle Ground or SW Vancouver area wants to tag along send me a PM.  I'm very  knowledgeable when it comes to mushrooms, no expert but I have been picking them for 45 years.  The dog is a Springer Spainal named Ringo he is turining out to be a really good bird dog. I drive a Ford F250 desial just need to bring your own snacks and lunch, shot gun and shells and rain gear.   A little bit about me, I have been in law enforcement for 27 years and I have been a Hunter Education instructor for 20 years.
Life is good when you are killing and Grilling

Offline bigroj

• Pilgrim
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm a noob on here (so take it easy on me). :)

I'm going to be headed down to a cabin in Morton on Thursday (10/30).  I'm going to be elk hunting (although I have the combo deer/elk/bear/cougar tag) and wouldn't mind having a couple more hunters join the group. 

I've never hunted elk in western Washington but I'm the kind of guy who will hike all day, put the elk to bed, sleep in the woods and wait for daylight.  I'm 42yrs old, have been an archery hunter since I was 16, and find myself hunting modern due to a schedule conflict during archery season. 

So, if you'd like a base camp between the 667/505 GMU (right on the tilton river), know the area a little bit and enjoy hunting hard, let me know.  Currently, it's me and a buddy and our two sons (16yrs and 18yrs).  We've all hunted/shot elk, deer, bear etc.  Our boys are great shots, safe, and ridiculous pack mules  :IBCOOL: :chuckle:

Needs:
Firewood (either bring some for the wood stove, or help cut/split on property).
Local knowledge of elk herds/areas that may bear fruit (a plus, not a must).
Gas (5 gals will be more than enough to run the generator)
Propane (5 gals will be more than enough for cooking)
Whiskey (hey, a guy has to have a drink after a long, hard day of hunting, right?) - Not looking to party, just relax.

Good luck, shoot straight and respect the land.

Best,

Roger

Offline kdabritz

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: Ducks Unlimited
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2014, 10:30:18 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I am completely new to the state and this forum, just moved into the Cowlitz/Clark area.  Wondering if anyone would be willing do some migratory bird hunting with me.  I have all my own equipment (decoys, waders, gun, etc.) but don't know anyone that hunts nearby or what areas are worth hunting.  Willing to drive or throw in for gas and any other expenses.  PM me if you are looking for a new hunting buddy.

Offline Rakkasan00

• Tracker
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2014, 04:32:42 AM »
It's the last few days of Elk season and Bear season and I'm seeing some encouraging signs of fresh track and scat. Have put cams out and plan to head out a few times before the end of the season. Anyone have a Hancock permit for Snoqualmie and up for meeting up to hunt? I had a partner have to cancel. It's best to have a partner along in my opinion. Anyone game? I plan on going out today, tomorrow, Sunday, Monday, and maybe Wednesday.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:16:34 AM by Rakkasan00 »

Online Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2014, 08:18:29 AM »
What is everyone's plans for late archery season?  Since I had knee surgery for the early season I still have my west side elk and deer tag.  I have some hunting partners for weekend hunts but thinking of taking some time of during the week.  Anyone interested in tagging along.  Thanksgiving weekend is out for me.  My kids and grandkids will be up and haven't seen them in a while. I am open after that.
Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline SniperDanWA

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, WFW
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2014, 10:43:15 AM »
Russ,
I'm going out late archery too.  I'll do weekends with my son, but I could pull a few days out during the week, depending on which week.
"We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as
impossible." - Vince Lombardi

Online Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2014, 01:32:17 PM »
Russ,
I'm going out late archery too.  I'll do weekends with my son, but I could pull a few days out during the week, depending on which week.
Sounds like a plan.  I will pm you my cell.
Russell McDonald

Offline bearhunter59

• Scout
« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2014, 10:46:52 PM »
Dang.  Just re-read your last posting, so disregard my PM I just sent you about going out opener....but, anytime after that I might go ahead and take another day or so off work.

Online Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2014, 07:30:48 AM »
Dang.  Just re-read your last posting, so disregard my PM I just sent you about going out opener....but, anytime after that I might go ahead and take another day or so off work.
No worries.  I am actually going out Wednesday afternoon in 454 for a bit. Maybe I will see yeah out there.
Russell McDonald

Offline Rakkasan00

• Tracker
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2014, 07:50:15 PM »
Hey Russ let me know how you do. I have a local spot you should check out if the area your in comes up empty. Good Luck out there.

Online Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2014, 08:22:27 PM »
Thanks will do.
Russell McDonald

Offline Papa59

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: CCR&PC, TU
« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2014, 02:03:17 AM »
Totally new to hinting. Wanting to start with bow hunting. Preferably would like to try tracking and bow hunting hand in Hand thinking little before thanksgiving time so it be up or message me. I understand I probably wont get anything but who knows. Went when I was unger and teail hunted . I know the game has changed from jeans and shirt and vest to what it is now. But would like to hunt and will put in LV . Currently research g what liscence and tags I need us army I live in lacey WA .

Names jay 3608242824
Hey Jay, the post has tons of deer, took my first one there with a bow about 15 years ago above the tank crossing..lots of bear too over east by Johnson swamp. I'm not registers to hunt the post this year but had my stepson get his first deer ever in the Capitol forest Wednesday. Good luck.

Dave (by Olympia High School)

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Taco280AI
[Today at 03:45:23 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw