collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Report Wolf Sightings Here - Hunting-Washington Wolf Count 158+  (Read 619685 times)

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
Re: Report Washington Wolf Sightings Here - Estimated at 107+
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2011, 05:21:23 PM »
Ran into 4 bow hunters today and they swear they saw a wolf near Beaver Canyon near Chesaw yesterday. No pictures, just a sighting. It's probably the one/ones I saw and was told about from the ranchers I know over there.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Dirty Mike

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Co-founder of Team Dogleg
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2011, 10:08:14 PM »
i saw multiple tracks up at lookout mt no sightings just tracks

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2011, 07:17:58 PM »
great job reporting wolf info guys, remember to include the GMU if possible....  :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline woodsey32

• Pilgrim
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2011, 12:57:11 PM »
Hey, not really sure what info it good info, but a buddy and I were bear hunting southeast of Devil's Tailbone in GMU 175 on Friday, Sept 23.  We were using a digital caller hoping to get lucky and about 200yds away, a grey wolf came out of the tree line.  It was too dry to get tracks, and only one wolf was seen.  We were approx 500 yds from our campsite that was a large open gravel pit for camping.  After I stood up to get a better look, the wolf walked into the valley and was gone.  Later that night we heard howling, but couldn't determine if it was a coyote or wolf.......hope that helps

Offline doubletap.338

• Pilgrim
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
I took this pic 9/18/2011 about a 1/4 mile from Snow lake on Cold water trail 211 (boundary trail for the 522 and 524 GMU's). It had been raining all day and there were no human tracks.  :dunno:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:17:50 AM by doubletap.338 »

Offline Dhoey07

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
    • No Facebook for this guy
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2011, 02:26:27 PM »
Last year ran into a lone dog up in sherman pass.  Didn't seem that big, i guess the way people talk about them i expected them to be bigger.  That would be GMU 101
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:16:45 AM by fckfords07 »

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2011, 11:12:31 AM »
Found some old wolf s h i t on Mica.   I talked to the checkpoint guy for IEP and asked if he knew if there were wolves there or not.  He said yes, in fact he listened to them howling a couple days earlier, and a hunter had seen one cross the road about 1/4 above the checkpoint.   I though that was interesting.  Someone else who owns a cabin on the Idaho side of that had seen 3.

Offline Maximus4252626

• Tracker
Re: Report Washington Wolf Sightings Here - Estimated at 108+
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2011, 01:33:00 AM »
My father and I were hunting in GMU 673 for elk back in 1994 on opening day of modern fire arm season. We walked down an old spur road and were standing at the end of the road on the edge of the timber. After about 30 minutes of standing in the poaring down rain we saw a Cyotee step out onto the spur road and zig zag back and fourth across the spur road smelling our tracks. We thought about shooting it, but it was opening day. We did not want to spook anything around the area, as we knew there was a large elk herd there. About 1 hour after we saw the Cyotee, we looked over and saw a very large grey wolf standing broadside looking at us. He was clearly a wolf, as he was less than 30 yards from us. We both said "holy *censored*! what is that? is that a wolf?" The wolf stood standing looking at us, as if he or she had never encoutered a human being before. He then trouted off up the spur road smelling our tracks like the Cyotee did an hour prior. We were all the way up in the H Line in the Nemah area. Later that night we went to the local tavern in Naselle. We mentioned the sighting to a couple of local loggers, whom confirmed they had seen wolves in the Nemah and Naselle areas over the years. We spoke with a few other locals and they said we saw a Cyotee or were full of *censored*. Now 20 years later; it is a known thing that wolves are in the Nemah and Naselle area. Some claim they have always been there, others claim the game department has been planting them there for years.

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2011, 05:43:27 AM »
 :yeah:  Wow, I don't know what you saw.  Wolves know how to walk a long ways.  They haven't been planting wolves anywhere in Washington, ever.

You could have seen a wolf on a walk about from Canada, a huge coyote, a big hybrid or a  huge dog like an Anatolian Shepard.

Offline Maximus4252626

• Tracker
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2011, 02:10:37 PM »
Well you shouldn't beleive everything the game department tells you. I guarentee they have at least attempted to plant wolves in Washington. You can tell me that the wolves in central WA, which are known packs (confimed) just migrated down from Canada or came over from Idaho. That is a long haul. Your trying to tell me that they ran out of animals to eat in Canada and Idaho, so they said to themselves "hey, lets go to WA" "I heard they have lots of food there". C'mon! I beleive that some of the wolves have probably been here for decades upon decades and are now making a come back. I also beleive the game department has planted a few of them. I also beleive that we live in a state of tree huggers, who probably got access to some wolves and planted them themselves. I also beleive that some did come in from Canada and Idaho, but I'm not sold on that all of them just started to make a come back with out the help of somebody or some organization. That would be being naive! Like the game department is going to announce they are planting wolves. Cmon! They can't win regardless. A topic of that sensitivity is not going to have the game department on one side or the other. They will simply play neutral and play dumb and tell everyone what they want to hear to keep them happy.

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2011, 02:24:03 PM »
Maximus i think knockerof rocks is yankn your chain a little because of what has been said by the game department dude, i dont know if you get on this site very often but there are alot of wolf topics now, the ones by bearpaw are great reads...... oh and just remember theyare not wolves they are big coyotes that way it is legal to kill them year around  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2011, 02:32:17 PM »
The Department of Fish and Wildlife would not be planting wolves. No way. I don't believe it. Some private whacko wolf lover groups, maybe. But not the WDFW, whose jobs depend on hunting license fees. I don't think they want the wolves here anymore than we do.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2011, 02:53:15 PM »
The Department of Fish and Wildlife would not be planting wolves. No way. I don't believe it. Some private whacko wolf lover groups, maybe. But not the WDFW, whose jobs depend on hunting license fees. I don't think they want the wolves here anymore than we do.

The game department as a whole might not want wolves here but I bet there are quite a few WDFW biologists and bureaucrats that do.....
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline buckcanyonlodge

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
    • Buck Canyon Lodge
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2011, 05:12:26 PM »
Have a retired pastor staying at the Lodge and he saw a black wolf cross the Hunters _ Springdale road yesterday . He does know what a wolf looks like. He said it was very large. Location was a little ways from the summit on the Hunters side.   FYI
Thanks for all for your past support...We officially pulled the plug and have retired from the Biz. Still dabble a little in real estate.
Call Westergard Real Estate  for your REAL ESTATE needs in the Tri-County area. Hunting/Recreational or retirement properties. Tri County Area 509-722-3949

Online Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2011, 01:32:53 PM »
You tell me
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]