collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: regrets  (Read 7227 times)

Online jdb

• the illustious potentate
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
regrets
« on: June 22, 2008, 06:06:33 PM »
I am sure we all have " I sure wish I would have bought/not sold that "stories. Lets here em. I passed on a win. model 70 featherwieght in.257 roberts about 15 years ago and have always wished I hadnt, also passed on a ruger mkII with a 10" bull barrel for 189$ about 2 years ago. and then they quit makeing them about 3 months later and the prices have sky rocketed. I also built a 10/22 and gave it away to a guy who let it go. JB 
nuke the gray whales for jesus!

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: regrets
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 06:36:28 PM »
I sold my Remington 870 that was full choke only and chambered 3 inches only to buy a Browning Gold so that I could waterfolw better with steel shot etc.  That was the smoothest action I have ever had in a gun and really wish I would have just put the rest on credit card and kept the Remmington.  I probably will never sell another gun.

Basically it was a present from my Mom and Dad, mostly as I was always using my Dads and that way we could do it together.  They had some deal to never buy us kids guns.  Don't know about that, but it was special that the rule got broke for me.  I AM STILL SICK over it.

Offline Jerome

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 07:25:04 PM »
I sold a 12 gauge beretta that i wish i would have kept.  It was the only gun that i have ever sold. 

Offline Craig

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 08:42:53 PM »
I sold a Smith & Wesson model 629 .44 mag.  I still kick myself in the butt thinking how stupid I was to sell it.

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 10:56:45 AM »
I sold a Browning A Bolt .270 with a leopold scope (that I added) and hard case when I was like 19 that I had got from my dad for a christmas gift...I was low on cash and didnt get half of what it was worth.

Never fired a shot at an animal with it....

Offline GoldTip

• Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 11:10:30 AM »
I sold a 700bdl in 30-06 that was topped with a fixed 6x Leupold.  The scope I purchased and the gun a was a gift from my Dad.  Have never sold another gun since, and truly tears me apart every time I think about it.  You know, old story, couldn't afford rent in school and to damn dumb to ask for help.  Got about half what it was worth.  Wish I knew how to find that gun.
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
If I ageed with you, then we'd both be wrong.
You are never to old to learn something stupid.

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 11:12:20 AM »
my first car was a 1984 audi 4000si deisel. it was a junker that needed a little work but the darned thing got like 55mpg. with having to take out a loan for a tank of gas these days i wish i wouldnt have let my dad get rid of it.  :bash:
"Right now, I am thinking that If my grandmother was here, she would be lecturing me about how there are poor people in Africa, that would just love to have a Ruger, I would just say "Great, granny, lets just ship all the Rugers to Africa!"

Loving life in the Great Northwest one day at a time.

It sounds like it's time to get a new gun.

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 10:34:01 PM »
M 77 Ruger, 250-3000, that one still haunts me. I also had a 99 358 that was mint, wishin I had that one back too..
Tod Riechert fan club.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 10:41:39 PM »
1977 ford bronco. last year of the old square body style. sure wish i still had that bucket today...those things are bringing all the money. i wouldn't sell it though if i had it back.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline River

• Hunter
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 11:39:42 PM »
Selling my Winchester model 70 7mm-mag.  You see what the new ones are going for?
"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go..."   -t.s.eliot
Martin Moab, Easton Axis Nanos, Trophy Taker, Copper John Supreme, Muzzy, Leica Optics, Badlands Packs

Offline mkcj

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 02:17:54 AM »
told this before when I was 16 summer of 79 worked all summer to buy my own gun Remington came out that year with a renamed 280 the 7mm express ordered 1 and when it came in put a 2x7 red. widefield on it. Well 5 years later more important things came up YEAH RIGHT well sold it. Now I am collecting every model and variation Remington made. I have a guy at cabelas that checks there inventory each week for me because they have a lot of guns that me or you can't see on-line like most of you the only place 98% of my guns will be going is to my 2 sons

Offline MIKEXRAY

• Sourdough
  • Bowhunter east side. Kayak Fishing cascade lakes.
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 07:32:09 AM »
Cherried out a 68 mustang in 1999 ,finally had it all done and was enjoying it. Then the neighbor wanted to sell me his property at a killer deal, so the mustand sold for a down payment. I miss that car.

Never had regrets selling a gun because I was always upgrading to something better.

Offline cohoho

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sturgeon Time Yet????
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 11:30:19 AM »
No regrets on selling guns nor most stuff, reason for years I had the nick name of Monty Hall, Let's make a deal.....   but sold a 75 CJ-5 that I built for three years while in England, imagine how hard it was to get parts there.  Anyhow, almost had it done, had a 327 Chevy motor from a wrecked older GI's Camero (buddy was a kick ass mechanic, not me), dana 44s with taller gearing, Detroit's both back and front.  Beefed up drive train, 4" lift with 35" Mickey Thompson's, 8000lbs winch and a unpainted primer body that was Rhino lined (similar type material) in the inside.  Sold it to a British guy that had a fascination with American cars , well for a butt load of money, way over what I had invested, but still miss that Jeep for sure... One day, I'd like to do it all overgain...

Offline Intruder

• Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 01:09:36 PM »
Traded my 870 wingmaster for an 870 special field.  Hated the special field.

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 05:29:00 PM »
I sold a Sako finfire that I bought the first year they came out. A buddy bought it and I offer to buy it back everytime he pulls it out, no luck.  :'(

A colt combat elite in .45, its pretty collectible now. A Volquartsen Ruger MK2, which I sold and did replace later on, so thats ok.

Since there are some cars listed, my 1st truck was a 63 GMC factory 4x4 that I restored, like a teenage *censored* I was going to go thru it bolt by bolt, tore it apart and needed cash and sold it piece by piece  :rolleyes:

That ones not easy to replace.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal