collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Open seat thread (waterfowl)  (Read 219831 times)

Offline DM123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Hunting Partner(s) Needed
« Reply #375 on: March 06, 2018, 10:42:21 AM »
Live in Maple Valley and joined a hunting club on east side of state.  Looking for someone that would be interested in hunting waterfowl next fall.  Have decoys, dog, etc. 

email me

dmcallen18@gmail.com

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:53:52 AM by DM123 »

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Open seat thread (waterfowl)
« Reply #376 on: September 06, 2018, 07:44:20 AM »
Saw this on the Washington Waterfowlers Association FB page.

Washington Waterfowl Association

NW Chapter Youth Hunts

The WWA NW Chapter is once again sponsoring youth waterfowl hunts at various locations in north Puget Sound.

This is an excellent opportunity to mentor youth under 16 years and a great way to introduce youth to the hunting experience and heritage. Mentors play a pivotal role in developing hunters. That first hunt can mark the beginning of a lifelong passion for the outdoors and a commitment to wildlife conservation. If you’re new to Waterfowl hunting we can set you up with experienced support at the blind. All are welcome!

Hunt Dates: Sept. 22nd and 23rd

Rick Skiba our chapter Youth Hunt Coordinator has secured hunts at these locations:

Edison Hunt Club. 2 Pit Blinds adjacent to a fresh water pond. Morning and afternoon hunts. 1/2 hour before sunrise until noon and from 1 pm till sunset.

The Nature Conservancy in Port Susan. 2 – 3 Dike blinds. Afternoon hunts. Due to low morning tides we will hunt from 1 pm until sunset.

Swinomish Gun Club. 9 blinds. Afternoon hunts. Due to low morning tides we will hunt from 1 pm until sunset.

Reservations are required. First come-first served. Please contact Rick Skiba reskiba@msn.com (360) 387-2225 or Rick Billieu, rgbillieu@frontier.com (360) 653-8571.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline havershap

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, CRPA, Wyoming Wildlife Foundation
« Reply #377 on: September 09, 2018, 04:13:54 AM »
Recently moved to Camano Island from southern California and looking for an open seat to hunt waterfowl.  I  have a little bit of experience but not much.  I also have waders, a few decoys, and a young but eager and talented dog.  I can't call and I don't have a boat.
For the early part of the season, I'm primarily interested in day hunts on the west side as I have a lot of travel planned.  I will be returning from my Wyoming elk hunt in late November and I'll have more time for waterfowl after that.

Offline !Xabbu

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #378 on: September 09, 2018, 05:44:46 PM »
I'm going to hunt the Dungeness estuary with or without anyone else.  I've been in the NOP for a while but never hunted that area for ducks, et al. I've got a choco lab that I want to introduce as well.

ETA: I have 2 non-hunting teen girls that paddle kayaks, dog wrangle, bear ammo, pack out and clean ducks (on request), and provide other high energy help.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:13:36 AM by !Xabbu »

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #379 on: September 11, 2018, 11:44:16 PM »
Saw this on the Washington Waterfowlers Association FB page.

Washington Waterfowl Association

NW Chapter Youth Hunts

The WWA NW Chapter is once again sponsoring youth waterfowl hunts at various locations in north Puget Sound.

This is an excellent opportunity to mentor youth under 16 years and a great way to introduce youth to the hunting experience and heritage. Mentors play a pivotal role in developing hunters. That first hunt can mark the beginning of a lifelong passion for the outdoors and a commitment to wildlife conservation. If you’re new to Waterfowl hunting we can set you up with experienced support at the blind. All are welcome!

Hunt Dates: Sept. 22nd and 23rd

Rick Skiba our chapter Youth Hunt Coordinator has secured hunts at these locations:

Edison Hunt Club. 2 Pit Blinds adjacent to a fresh water pond. Morning and afternoon hunts. 1/2 hour before sunrise until noon and from 1 pm till sunset.

The Nature Conservancy in Port Susan. 2 – 3 Dike blinds. Afternoon hunts. Due to low morning tides we will hunt from 1 pm until sunset.

Swinomish Gun Club. 9 blinds. Afternoon hunts. Due to low morning tides we will hunt from 1 pm until sunset.

Reservations are required. First come-first served. Please contact Rick Skiba reskiba@msn.com (360) 387-2225 or Rick Billieu, rgbillieu@frontier.com (360) 653-8571.

I went to the NE chapter that meets at the Conway fire hall and joined tonight. I will be taking my daughter out and they have room for 10 more youth.  Im looking forward to sitting in a blind at one of the gun clubs that donated access... One that Ive drooled at when Ive been scouting. Just tell Rick if you youth has chest /hip waders or just rubber boots. Each blind is supplied with about a dozen decoys, Im going to bring some of my own to supplement.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #380 on: September 12, 2018, 12:41:53 PM »
Here are some Pics from last years Youth Event. Blinds supplied by the Nature Conservancy mad the Edison Gun club.

Confucius

Offline Cannakoi

• Pilgrim
« Reply #381 on: December 08, 2018, 01:06:29 PM »
Second year waterfowler looking to join/learn from some more experienced hunters. Live near JBLM but willing to travel. I have 3.5 dz goose decoys and 2 dz duck floaters. And a flat back canoe with trolling motor. I have gotten my self into ducks and geese but can be very hard when I'm by myself and larger groups move into the same areas. Would.like to ideally find a group or a couple different groups to join and add to to help better everyone's odds.

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #382 on: February 09, 2019, 09:42:06 PM »
Anyone willing to have a tag-along Snowgoose hunter for a late season hunt?

Offline madeirax56

• test
  • Pilgrim
  • Hey there! Seeking hunting partner!
« Reply #383 on: September 27, 2019, 06:42:27 PM »
Hey all,

Moved to Everett from Seattle. Looking for hunting partner for anywhere within 1-2 hours for upcoming waterfowl season. I have all the gear/gun and about 25 mallard decoys. Have only been at it 2 years now but having a great time chasing the birds!

This being an open seat thread, if you've got one I'd love it!

Stanwood/Skagit Wildlife Area are close to me but like i said, I wouldn't mind if we ever made a roadtrip out of it. I have plenty of days off from work and a cool wife (who could or could not join us..)

PM me or write me here and I look forward to meeting!

Michael
One can only ever pursue the great outdoors, he never captures it fully.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #384 on: September 27, 2019, 07:59:57 PM »
Hey all,

Moved to Everett from Seattle. Looking for hunting partner for anywhere within 1-2 hours for upcoming waterfowl season. I have all the gear/gun and about 25 mallard decoys. Have only been at it 2 years now but having a great time chasing the birds!

This being an open seat thread, if you've got one I'd love it!

Stanwood/Skagit Wildlife Area are close to me but like i said, I wouldn't mind if we ever made a roadtrip out of it. I have plenty of days off from work and a cool wife (who could or could not join us..)

PM me or write me here and I look forward to meeting!

Michael
You should consider joining the Washington waterfowl association. There is a chapter that meets at the Kenmore gun range and one that meets at the entry to duck central... Conway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Confucius

Offline Axistails

• Women's Board
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: USN, NRA, Central Whidbey Sportsman's Association
« Reply #385 on: October 21, 2019, 10:42:21 AM »
Good thread. I'd like to know if there are any female hunters out here in whidbey/skagit area. I'm 6 months pregnant and still out hunting, but it's getting a little much to be out knee deep in mud by myself! Was thinking of finding a hunting group that's okay with les experianced waterfowl hunters.
“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline scooby

• Tracker
  • Groups: Trout Unlimited, BHA, NWTF
« Reply #386 on: December 10, 2019, 10:12:49 PM »
Hey all! I'm a new adult-onset hunter this year looking to do some more goose and duck hunting. If anyone has an extra seat in  boat or a spot in the blind that you wouldn't mind throwing out there, I'd be happy to take it. I'll bring lunch and gas money for everyone.  I'm based in Olympia but can get to anywhere you need me to be. Thanks!

Offline elkhunter1977

• Hunter
« Reply #387 on: December 12, 2019, 06:26:41 PM »
Located in the Tri-Cities looking to get out and meet some like minded That love to hunt ducks. If anyone has a open seat let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fin,Fur,Feather Taxidermy
Richland, WA
 509-630-8966

Tri-Cities NWTF Chapter President

Offline linxx77

• Hunter
  • President-Washington Waterfowl Association
    • www.facebook.com/linxx77
    • Washington Waterfowl Association-Spokane Facebook
  • Groups: Washington Waterfowl Association
« Reply #388 on: December 18, 2019, 12:49:07 PM »
If anyone has an open seat the 19th or 20th in the Spokane area let me know! Would love to get out there if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
orbis non sufficit

Offline gallion_t

• Longhunter
« Reply #389 on: January 03, 2020, 09:04:22 PM »
I'll be out most weekends for the rest of the season in the tri cities area. It's my first season here, but know a couple places. I'll be hunting alone so happy to link up with others. I'm no expert, but have all the gear and usually end up with birds.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]