collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: California B-Zone archery season  (Read 5189 times)

Offline AKBowman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
California B-Zone archery season
« on: March 27, 2012, 05:48:02 PM »
I've looked all over those darn regs and cannot figure out when the season for the B-Zone is open and or if it is open for Non-Residents on an OTC tag.

If anyone is willing to help out I would appreciate it!
"All you can do is hunt” - Roy Roth

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
Re: California B-Zone archery season
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 04:01:00 AM »
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunting/deer/tags/docs/2012WEB-PROPOSEDDeerZoneSeasons.pdf

I've also been researching the B zones as I'll be moving to Cali in May.  This is the way I understand it: there are always leftover tags for the b zones, so while it's not actually an OTC tag, it basically is. :chuckle: Make sense?  You can also take two deer in Cali.  Keep that in mind.

I'm going to be researching it quite a bit more, and plan on hitting the hills this summer/early fall.  What type of hunt are you planning?   I'm planning on backpacking in and getting as remote as possible.  Shoot me a pm as it gets closer if you want to bounce ideas back and forth.

Offline jody

• Tracker
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 05:24:54 AM »
I grew up in CA what kind of info are you looking for?

Offline AKBowman

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 07:17:15 PM »
Thanks! I'm looking for archery hunting info. Basics on where BT's are during the archery season and or what time during the archery season is the best to hunt. I would like backpacking in some place around Humbolt county. I have a really good friend that just moved down there from Anchorage and we want to get together and archery hunt BT's. Just don't want to waste my time.

So it sounds like you have to put in for drawing in order to hunt?

Offline Sumpnneedskillin

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »
License 155.52
1st deer tag 263.01
Looking at this years hunting digest http://www.dfg.ca.gov/publications/digest/ it says B zone tags did not reach the threshold for premium tag so if you list it as your first choice on your application you will get a B zone tag.

B zone tag allows you to hunt the 6 B zones (B1- thru B6).  B1 is around Humbolt and B4 is just to the south.  B1 is open for archery Aug 18-Sep 9.  B4 is open for archery Jul 28-Aug 19

Can't help with the deer up there.  If you were talking A22 (San Diego) I could give you lots of help.
What's the most dangerous thing said in the US Navy? -- A Chief Petty Officer saying "Watch this s$%^!!"

"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"
President John F. Kennedy

Offline AKBowman

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 08:52:05 PM »
Actually I am really interested in the A-22 hunt. My buddy who moved to Nor Cal his brother moved to San Diego and it is going to be either Nor Cal or SD area. We were intrigued by the A-22 hunt b/c it's a split season and the later season looks good. My buddies brother has been doing a little scouting in the national forest down there.

I'll PM you, thank you for the help!

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 09:33:30 PM »
Are you in the system so you can buy your license and apply for hunts?    From what I understand, you have to send them proof of a recent license or a hunters ed card.  They will then put you in, and you can apply.   Anyone know if I was reading this correctly?   I've got 3-4 days after I get there to find a license sales location and do it in person, but it sure would be nice to get it done earlier.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal