collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW are crooks  (Read 29736 times)

Offline windygorge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
WDFW are crooks
« on: May 05, 2012, 10:26:23 AM »
as i can appreciate what they do for our outdoors.  i don't find how they keep raising the fees of our licenses.  i am getting ready to apply for my annual special draw deadline and have just looked at the costs........227 bucks.  thats stupid!!!!!! 
most don't see how they have manipulated the purchasing of license.  washington state is the top state in generating annual revenue for hunting.  yes, more than colorado, montana, idaho.  they are crooks.  just like how they are slowly increasing our license plates fees again.  im not much for specifics, but it is obvious to the most simple people on what they are doing.  they offer package "deals" for those who think they are going to hunt certain species.  someone will look at the package and say, "hey, look at that,  i can get elk, deer, bear, and cougar in a package.  but if i buy them seperate, wow that would be sooooo much more.  i better get the package deal".   most people buy those special deals, and might only hunt one of those critters.  thats where they make their money.  its a scam and is another reason i can't stand washington government!!!
"God gave you the gift of life, you owe it to God to give your best performance"

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon"

Offline TikkaT3-270Shortmag

• Sourdough
WDFW are crooks
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 10:36:29 AM »
There has already been a thread started on this.

Offline windygorge

• Longhunter
Re: WDFW are crooks
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »
i was just mad and needed to vent!!. 
"God gave you the gift of life, you owe it to God to give your best performance"

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon"

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 11:11:01 AM »
It's amazing how much we pay as RESIDENTS isn't it. My good friend has 4 kids and a wife that he is putting through hunter ed. I can't imagine what it's gonna cost him for everyone to get their licenses and permit apps. :yike: :yike:
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 12:35:48 PM »
Crooks?

Well, they have a monopoly on their Game. So pretty much they can charge whatever they want.

I just paid $108 for a tank of fuel. The tags are quite honestly not the biggest issue.  :twocents:
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Offline Nuc99

• Tracker
    • A simple words of wisdom told to me...
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 12:44:11 PM »
Pretty cheap for the value in my opinion...  6 months of hunting... or say, two tanks of fuel? hmmmmm   who should we be complaining to?
Words of wisdom...Not from me but profound.
On Children

Your children are not your Children.
They are the sons and daughters of life's longing itself. They come through you but not from you.
And though they are with you , yet the do not belong to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts.  For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls.
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow.

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 12:53:26 PM »
I can see why we should not be beaching  :dunno: :bash: this our state and it should not be costing us this much money to enjoy it ... Does Idaho residents pay this kinda money or even Montana ...Hell no they do not ... I mean come on .. The moose tag doubled from last year if you get drawn and we have more moose ... This is messed up and if we keep going along with this sheet then we are cutting our own throats ... we are residents of this state and it should be a priveldge for us living here ... a buddy of mine just called me an hour ago and was just going off..I DO NOT BLAME HIM AT ALL ...I have to buy all tags for 3 in this family and I have not made the money I usually make ...it is going to be tough to come up with all this money by the 15th .... maybe I will just say peeees on it  :dunno: :sry:

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 12:56:21 PM »
Another thread  :bash:   I start bear hunting August 1st and finish with duck season at the end of January 6 full months of hunting.   Cheaper than 6 months worth of cable tv.

Offline Dhoey07

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
    • No Facebook for this guy
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 01:05:48 PM »
Another thread  :bash:   I start bear hunting August 1st and finish with duck season at the end of January 6 full months of hunting.   Cheaper than 6 months worth of cable tv.

6 full months of hunting?  :yike: Do you not have a job?

Offline Nuc99

• Tracker
    • A simple words of wisdom told to me...
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 01:15:26 PM »
Yeah...!  Really!   we will pay 165 a month for landline, cable (expanded basic) , and internet.   But bitch about being able to hunt for 6 months out of the year... Really?
Words of wisdom...Not from me but profound.
On Children

Your children are not your Children.
They are the sons and daughters of life's longing itself. They come through you but not from you.
And though they are with you , yet the do not belong to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts.  For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls.
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 01:19:06 PM »
I can't believe it, another thread on this same topic- AGAIN? 

I've said it many times, if you think it's too much money, don't hunt! Nobody is forcing you to spend the money.

I think $36 for two people to watch a movie is too expensive, so I don't go to movie theaters. I think $100 for dinner for a family of four is too much, so we don't go to restaurants.

But for about $200 I can hunt deer, elk, bear, cougar, grouse, ducks, geese, pheasant, chukar, coyote, and bobcat for a year, and I think that's worth it, so I spend the money. Like I said, if it's not worth it to you, then simply keep your money and quit hunting.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 01:24:28 PM »
I get your points on relative cost compared to our other expenses but really?  Dont people in other states buy gas and have cable? Are they taking it up the rear?  Our state are crooks and we all know it.  Dont justify their crap, admit the problem so it can be recognized and dealt with.  Imagine if we all could stop our addiction for one year and not purchase anything?  Then they would listen becuase we are speaking their langauge-greenbacks!  Maybe we should take Tim Eyman hunting? :tup:
MAGA!  Again..

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 01:25:01 PM »
To say that everyone gets to hunt 6 months out of the year is disengenious/
For most people it amounts to at most 3 or 4 weekends and maybe a week off. So you're taking about  2 weeks or a couple days more.

Really though my complaint is not with the price it is with the reduced opputunities but for more money.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 01:31:44 PM »
Actually when you buy a hunting license you're paying for the opportunity to hunt for 12 months. No, not everything is open for 12 months, but SOMETHNING IS. If you just want to hunt, get only a small game license for around $35 and hunt grouse for 4 months from September 1st to December 31st and hunt coyotes the rest of the year.

Or like I've said in other threads, just get a deer license for about $45 and get the archery tag. That gives you most of September, a good portion of November, and all of December to hunt deer.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for people when they're spending money on licenses and tags they don't use and don't need. Most people could probaly skip the bear and cougar tags, and probably the elk. You also don't need a multi-season tag or a Discover pass. If you buy a deer or elk tag you don't need a small game license unless you also want to hunt bobcats. Grouse are legal with just the deer or elk license.

Also if you feel it's a waste of your money, you don't need to apply for any special hunts. There is plenty of opportunity to hunt in this state during the general seasons.

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 01:42:13 PM »
You also don't need a multi-season tag or a Discover pass.

Also if you feel it's a waste of your money, you don't need to apply for any special hunts. There is plenty of opportunity to hunt in this state during the general seasons.

You do need a discover pass if you want to hunt DNR lands.  Capital Forest for example.  I can't hunt there anymore because I refuse to give-in and pay for the lousy pass that is really only in existence to keep State Parks funded (on the backs of hunters BTW).

You don't need to apply for special permits, but they sure were some fun hunts back when the system was setup so you could actually draw something.  That is why they know they can charge what they are and people will still buy them.........they may bitch, but they will still buy with the hopes of drawing something good.

But you are right about archery.  I'm just about convinced to go to archery.........lot more opportunity there than ML or MF and you don't need to draw special permits to be able to take cows in a lot of units.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal