collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Need Help on where to go hunting?  (Read 131705 times)

Offline boss24dogara

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: Need Help on where to go hunting?
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2020, 12:00:27 PM »
This will be my first time hunting bear and Im looking for a huntng partner. Somone who can show me the ropes and hopefully we will both get lucky and fill our tags please pm me or respond here.

Offline Fischer R.

• Pilgrim
    • None
  • Groups: None
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2020, 03:54:52 PM »
Hey guys! I'd be a first generation hunter and I want to go hunting this year. I'd appreciate some help on where to hunt.
A bit about me :
Open to driving a while. I live near Seattle.
I'd like to hunt a forested area with a creek where I can walk a lot. but obviously, it doesn't need to fit that exact standard.
open to bow hunting turkey, coyotes, and deer

a question i've got too is how do I know if i'm in a hunting area? might sound kind of dumb but I don't know anybody that hunts so if you've got any extra advice, id appreciate it.

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2020, 04:26:35 PM »
Says your in Bremerton
Bowhunt deer
Recommend you cross hood canal bridge
Follow signs/maps up into Olympic National Forest
Find some side roads park and walk
Don’t leave any valuables in your vehicle
Pretty easy
Get a Washington map gazetteer at sportsman’s  Warehouse in Silverdale
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline hughjorgan

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2020, 04:27:20 PM »
Hey guys! I'd be a first generation hunter and I want to go hunting this year. I'd appreciate some help on where to hunt.
A bit about me :
Open to driving a while. I live near Seattle.
I'd like to hunt a forested area with a creek where I can walk a lot. but obviously, it doesn't need to fit that exact standard.
open to bow hunting turkey, coyotes, and deer

a question i've got too is how do I know if i'm in a hunting area? might sound kind of dumb but I don't know anybody that hunts so if you've got any extra advice, id appreciate it.

I’m assuming you’ve already completed hunters Ed... You need to pick up the game regulations or look them up on WDFW website so you know the seasons and figure out for example what GMUs are open for deer hunting. Your profile says your located in Bremerton so look at GMUs on the Olympic peninsula for blacktail deer season. Keep in mind you need to know what weapon your going to hunt with then figure out where the public land is to hunt or in a lot of cases in western Washington there are tree farms where you can buy a permit to access there land to hunt. You can use an atlas, apps for your phone such as OnX maps, USFS maps, DNR maps etc. I’d suggest downloading onXmaps onto your smart phone and starting there.

Offline oranger

• Pilgrim
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2020, 10:57:55 AM »
Hey all! First time hunter here, planning to go out for deer in E Wa.  Got my archery tag yesterday, and have a spot to stay lined up near Twisp for Sept 9-13. GMU's 224 (Perrygin), 233 (Pogue), 239 (Chillitwist), 231 (Gardiner) and 242 (Alta) will all be in easy driving distance.  Not looking for anyone's honey hole, but some general guidance as to where to go looking around? Any tips would be appreciated!

Offline seahunt

• Pilgrim
« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2020, 05:47:24 PM »
Hello!

I've been doing some research on Grouse Hunting and looking for suggestions on where to get started. I've grown tired of the crazy pressure that public lands near Seattle get for duck/goose season so hoping that branching out and hiking can help me find some of the private hunting time i'm looking for. I've been trying to get a feel for where I can walk logging roads and trails that aren't going to be either inaccessible without prior permission or filled with hikers. I'm out in issaquah and hoping to stay on the west side if possible?

Offline Randysonia

• Pelvic Splitter
  • Tracker
« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2020, 11:09:43 AM »
I'm taking my boy (15) for his first deer (Doe). I want to hunt unit 124. We are staying at the Antler Motel in Newport. Is there any place on Blanchard Road to get a Doe? We hunted around Newport last year and couldn't even find a doe on public land. Hunting sure isn't like it used to be. Oct. 17-19 General season. Thanks you guys!

Offline Ailiakis

• Pilgrim
« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2020, 03:48:31 PM »
Hey all!  First time blacktail deer hunter here.  I have been hunting whitetail and mule deer in E. Wash. my whole life, but never blacktail in W. Wash.  Any thoughts on where to go around the Snohomish area?  Any tricks to the hunt?  Thanks for the time.

Offline salmonbob

• Pilgrim
« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2020, 08:52:51 PM »
Looking for help in 335 ,Teanaway, I have an antlerless elk tag Nov 4 -8, I am a disabled hunter

Offline Jredd3240

• Pilgrim
« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2021, 09:34:27 PM »
New to this forum not sure how to post things but I'm looking to take my son rabbit hunting ( first time) not sure where to go, we are in the kitsap area

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2021, 09:47:29 PM »
Not sure it's open ???
If so try some roads up towards the olympics
If you park at gates
Don't leave anything
Thieves everywhere
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2021, 05:35:02 PM »
New to this forum not sure how to post things but I'm looking to take my son rabbit hunting ( first time) not sure where to go, we are in the kitsap area

Without checking, my memory says the season opens on 01 August, perhaps Sept.  Thick brushy areas near forest roads, often where they cross creeks have a lot of bunnies. Thickets that you wouldn't consider walking into that can hide these animals from predators are always good.  Our oldest son used to go out an walk Green Diamond forest roads in late summer/early fall and always see at least a few rabbits.  The rabbit population rises just in advance of the rise of predators.  Once the predators have eaten all the rabbits etc. their population declines, which in turn allows the bunnies to prosper again. 
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline Axistails

• Women's Board
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: USN, NRA, Central Whidbey Sportsman's Association
« Reply #162 on: September 04, 2021, 07:02:37 PM »
I am stationed in Oak Harbor and have been trying to find a good place to duck hunt with my dog, I don’t have a boat. Can’t drive too far away either. I tried deer hunting on base but not a trace of them besides right in front of the gate.
“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline goodermuth

• Pilgrim
« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2023, 09:39:14 PM »
Hey there.

I'm in Monroe, WA and looking for places to hunt as well as a hunting partner/mentor. I have a little bit of experience hunting whitetails on the east coast, but I'm still in search of my first deer. I'm on the corner of GMU 448, 460, and 407 and planning to hunt Blacktails during Modern Firearm season (though I will be unavailable for Late Season). I've done some scouting in the area, but if folks have suggestions, places to recommend, or are willing to have someone join them on a hunt who wants to learn, it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2023, 09:59:41 PM »
I'm taking my boy (15) for his first deer (Doe). I want to hunt unit 124. We are staying at the Antler Motel in Newport. Is there any place on Blanchard Road to get a Doe? We hunted around Newport last year and couldn't even find a doe on public land. Hunting sure isn't like it used to be. Oct. 17-19 General season. Thanks you guys!
Do you have onx.
There is one spot,I haven't been there for 20 years.
But it might be worth a look .
You gotta drive to Idaho,then back into Washington to get there.
Just north of Blanchard Idaho there is a road to left,if your going north bound. Looks like it's called Roberts LN. I had to look on onx to find the road name. It will lead you back to Washington,into some Hancock Forrest and some stateland.
Probably just gave away someone's honey hole,but oh well I was there 20 years ago,if it's NE Washington,I've been there at one time.
Good luck.

I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]