collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Saylean on a cougar kill  (Read 7302 times)

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Saylean on a cougar kill
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 08:20:14 PM »
Awsome experience Saylean!  I was anxious to hear how it went.

How was the rest of the hunting for you guys?  Did you evr give up and go for elk?

Its not over yet...just came back to work a bit...(aka check the forums) and head back out.

Long story short...I was the only one in the party to hit an elk (we've had several misses...branches here, other excuses... ;)
Hit an elk yesterday morning...will post the story in elk forum...

I aint done yet...and that coug isnt safe yet either!

Offline mulehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 08:40:17 PM »
Saylean,

I wonder if Cat would run away and climb up with in 100 to 300 yds waitting for you to leave deer alone, because Cat own this deer and Wont leave with in 300 yds. Cat might be up any tree while you are walking around.  :dunno: Have you look up some trees?   :bdid:  It possible!!!!  Been there before.
Good thing your alive!  ;)

Mulehunter

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 09:01:36 PM »
I am willling to bet dimes to dollars that he/she was very close (more than likely watching me) as I discovered the kill after trying to track the animal the first morning.

I say this because...the elk wasnt there before hand..so it was new...it was in pristine shape.

I leave back to camp and update the folks, grab some quick grub and off I go..round trip, 30 min...I park down the road and walk in...but there are quads parked not far from where I need to go...I slink by them and set up my ambush...never checking the kill until later that night..although I am within 40 yards or so...when I check it at dusk..the dang thing was missing hair from the gut...so it HAD to have happen while I was back at camp and before I returned...cause it wasnt there before...

Needless to say, I am going to be a bit more careful when calling...that cat was so SO close and you couldnt hear it at all. It was shear luck my bro turned around and saw the eyes...

I still get chills thinking of it! :IBCOOL:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal