collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Special permit questions  (Read 1559 times)

Offline optic2

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: 2AF, FPC, GOA, BHA, RMEF
Special permit questions
« on: May 01, 2018, 09:48:50 PM »
This will be my first year entering the special permit drawings and have spent some time and read through the regs and have a couple questions. If I enter let's say 1046 and 1050 for quality deer and don't draw I will have built up two points. Are those points specific to those hunt category numbers or are they just general quality deer points? If I draw a tag does that mean I can harvest two deer (one with my regular deer tag and one with the special permit tag) or do I have to turn in my general tag to receive my special permit tag?

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Re: Special permit questions
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 09:56:56 PM »
Your points would be in the quality deer category and could be applied for any hunts in that category in the future. And, if this is your first year applying, you will only have 1 point after the drawing, if you don't draw a permit.

The drawing is for a special permit, not a tag. The tag you have already purchased is your only tag. If you draw a special permit you will receive the permit in the mail and you will have to have that in your possession while hunting, along with your tag.

Offline buggy

• Hunter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 10:03:22 PM »
You only get one point per year per category. If you put in for multiple quality hunts they are merely your first choice, second choice, etc. You will not get an additional point for each quality hunt choose. You can only shoot one deer per year unless you draw a second deer tag or win one of the raffles.

Offline optic2

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
  • Groups: 2AF, FPC, GOA, BHA, RMEF
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 10:35:20 PM »
Your points would be in the quality deer category and could be applied for any hunts in that category in the future. And, if this is your first year applying, you will only have 1 point after the drawing, if you don't draw a permit.

The drawing is for a special permit, not a tag. The tag you have already purchased is your only tag. If you draw a special permit you will receive the permit in the mail and you will have to have that in your possession while hunting, along with your tag.

If you win a permit are you still able to hunt the regular season as well?

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 10:38:15 PM »

If you win a permit are you still able to hunt the regular season as well?

Yes, but most would choose not to if it's a quality permit we're talking about, since you can only take one deer.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 10:50:49 PM »
Answer is yes,if you for some reason are unsuccessful in the special hunt you still have general season for chance to fill your tag.Only 1 deer per hunter no matter what you draw except 2nd deer.  :tup:
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal