collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: newb to photography, help!  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Commando

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
newb to photography, help!
« on: September 28, 2018, 09:27:09 AM »
I am going to be getting the a65000 soon and have no idea what lens or lenses to get. I was hoping you guys could help me out. I would like to do some vlog type videoing so id like something compact. also id like to get a lens that I can video some of my hunts, scouting trips, fishing trips, and my everyday things like dog training and running around with my kids as they do there thing. I understand I am more than likely need to get more than 1 lens. id also like to do landscape pics, sunset things. all these numbers that come with the lens is making me very confused and my head is spinning.

Offline doubletall

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF
Re: newb to photography, help!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 02:15:09 PM »
I see that nobody has chimed in yet so I'll give you my opinion for what its worth.  From the sounds of what you want to do with the camera initially I would think that a wide angle zoom or prime lens (fixed focal length) would work.  The numbers on the lenses such as 50mm or 20-200mm refer to the focal lenght; larger numbers mean your subject appears closer, smaller means you get a larger area in your frame. 

The number like "f/3.5‑4.5" on a zoom lens refers to how much light the lens will bring into the exposure. The smaller the number the more light that comes in. 

Something like an 18-135 cover a lot of the bases but might be bigger than what you want to pack around.  A small prime lens like a 50mm is pretty compact and light weight and makes a good lens for video.

Hope that helps.  If you get into photography you'll find that lenses are like guns; one is never enough and you can't have too many.

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: newb to photography, help!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 02:36:40 PM »
Bone is probably busy as he would most likely be able to give you some pointers...

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal