collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Boot advise  (Read 4957 times)

Offline pup0025

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Boot advise
« on: August 18, 2019, 06:51:44 PM »
It's time for new boots for me.  I've always been a danner boot guy but I'm tired of making it through 1 hunting season and that's it.  Seems after that they leak.  I like how comfortable danners are, they fit my feet perfect.  What are my other possibilities?  What do you wear and why?  I've heard kenetrek is good and I looked through the archives and the last time we talked kenetrek was 2011!?.  Wesco? Whites? Irish setter? Georgia?

Offline opdinkslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
Re: Boot advise
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 07:12:43 PM »
Depends on how many Benjamins you’re wanting to drop. I am on year 5 with my kenetrek mountain extremes & still dry. My son & huntin buddy have 2 years on theirs & they are trash.🤷‍♂️ Might check out the Hoffman explorer 8’s

Offline Bofire

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Harley YAR YAR YAR!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 07:48:35 PM »
I bought WESCO about 20 years ago, went to the factory in Scapoose Or, and got hand fitted. They are the best most comfortable boot I have ever worn. They rebuild for cheap if you ever need it.
Carl
When the chips are down..... the buffalo is empty!!

I do not shop at Amazon

Offline pup0025

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 07:50:04 PM »
Depends on how many Benjamins you’re wanting to drop. I am on year 5 with my kenetrek mountain extremes & still dry. My son & huntin buddy have 2 years on theirs & they are trash.🤷‍♂️ Might check out the Hoffman explorer 8’s
I just looked up Hoffman boots,never had heard of them.  I like the looks.  It looks like they're out of Kellogg idaho and I like that.  How insulated are the insulated.  I prefer 200-400. 

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 07:55:29 PM »
The last 8-10 years I have been a die hard Zamberlan fan.  I have and will buy again the outfitter GTX.  3 years and going strong.....and I abuse them. 

Offline opdinkslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 07:56:35 PM »
I just looked up Hoffman boots,never had heard of them.  I like the looks.  It looks like they're out of Kellogg idaho and I like that.  How insulated are the insulated.  I prefer 200-400.

I believe they are 400

Offline Camo

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 08:25:06 PM »
Lots of good options out there depending on what kind of hunting you do and what works for your foot. The older US built Danners were a good boot back in the day. Some of their newer stuff is (or was)built overseas and I can't comment to those as they didn't fit my feet. As of late I'm running a couple sets of Hanwags, a couple Lowa's, and recently picked up a couple sets of Cripi's. The Hanwags are a solid boot, the Lowas even better. The Cripi's feel really good out of the box but I don't have enough miles to make a good assessment. My partner picked up some Kenetrek's last year and is really happy with them over his last couple sets of Denali's. Watch Sierra Trading Post for closeouts and discontinued models if budget is a concern. Not what they used to be but an option to keep an eye on.
Albacore, the better white meat.

Offline firehawk87

• Tracker
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 08:33:28 PM »
Crispi Nevada’s
But love of the wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need - if only we had eyes to see.

Offline pup0025

• Tracker
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 08:36:00 PM »
I don't really want to spend over 500.  I get a 20% discount on danner and redwing.

Offline kselkhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2019, 08:41:57 PM »
Another Zamberlan vote.   

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Boot advise
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2019, 08:43:20 PM »
What’s the application?  What are you wanting to do with them?

I’d scratch Irish setter and Georgia off the list directly.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline pup0025

• Tracker
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2019, 08:43:47 PM »
Crispi Nevada’s
I looked up Crispi boots.  I had never heard of them. I guess I've had my boot blinders on.  Made in Utah by the looks of it.  I like the wild rocks.  I like a lightly insulated waterproof boot.  I hunt the Westside and I'm kind of a baby when my feet get cold.  They never seem to get hot though.

Offline pup0025

• Tracker
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 08:46:33 PM »
What’s the application?  What are you wanting to do with them?

I’d scratch Irish setter and Georgia off the list directly.
hunt and hike and fish.  Outdoor activities.  I wear redbacks for work.  So no oil or grease on the hunting boots.

Offline pup0025

• Tracker
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2019, 08:56:20 PM »
Another Zamberlan vote.
zamberlan.  Made in Italy.  I like the hunter pro. At 210.00 they be a bargain.  I take it you've had good luck.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2019, 08:58:51 PM »
Another Zamberlan vote.
zamberlan.  Made in Italy.  I like the hunter pro. At 210.00 they be a bargain.  I take it you've had good luck.

Spend the money and go with the GTX for 330-350.  You won't regret it.   :tup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal