collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bear hunting partners  (Read 1906 times)

Offline huntingaddiction

• Sasquatch
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Eat, Sleep, Hunt!
Bear hunting partners
« on: August 03, 2020, 10:21:23 AM »
This Hypothesis has been some years in the making, but I have concluded that when your hunting partner shoots a bear you as the partner are get the worst of the deal.  That's ok it goes both ways.  In the last few years D-Rock and I have been through some crazy ones.  3AM searches, getting stung 9 times and just this weekend we saw a bear dig a hole under a tree to die then charge when we got too close :yike: 

It's all good, it's why we do it, but I can't remember a time when the shooter came out of it worse than the partner :dunno: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
A bad day out hunting is better than a good day at work!

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: Bear hunting partners
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 10:47:45 AM »
 :dunno:

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 11:32:45 AM »
My partner would agree 10000% and when I show him this post will piss his pants laughing.  He often refers to my kills as the "Johnny Debacles."  :chuckle: :chuckle: :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL:  I seem to kill them in the worst spot on the mountain and in the worst circumstances ever.  Perfectly shot deer that literally run, fall and roll hundreds of yards to the bottom of a roadless canyon..... :chuckle: :chuckle:  Black bear shot that rolls down the hill and then walk right at us, to within 10 feet, before putting another round into him.   :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:  I'm pretty sure my partner poooped a little on that one....hahahah. 

Even my 10 y.o. son has said...."is this another Johnny Debacle?"  Dang kid is not allowed to hang around my hunting partner any longer.   :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 01:21:30 PM »
Maybe your partner needs to tell you to get the animal up to where it was originally shot then he will help you.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline huntingaddiction

• Sasquatch
  • Scout
  • Eat, Sleep, Hunt!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 01:42:15 PM »
My partner would agree 10000% and when I show him this post will piss his pants laughing.  He often refers to my kills as the "Johnny Debacles."  :chuckle: :chuckle: :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL:  I seem to kill them in the worst spot on the mountain and in the worst circumstances ever.  Perfectly shot deer that literally run, fall and roll hundreds of yards to the bottom of a roadless canyon..... :chuckle: :chuckle:  Black bear shot that rolls down the hill and then walk right at us, to within 10 feet, before putting another round into him.   :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:  I'm pretty sure my partner poooped a little on that one....hahahah. 

Even my 10 y.o. son has said...."is this another Johnny Debacle?"  Dang kid is not allowed to hang around my hunting partner any longer.   :chuckle: :chuckle:

Lol Luckily for me, we might be even, at least in the bear situations.  Hind sight 20/20 so we just don't look back and do it again.

Offline huntingaddiction

• Sasquatch
  • Scout
  • Eat, Sleep, Hunt!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 01:43:21 PM »
Maybe your partner needs to tell you to get the animal up to where it was originally shot then he will help you.

Probably wouldn't be hunting partners very long.  Gotta take the good with the bead sometimes.  Just trust that your partner does the very best they can every time.

Offline Seabass

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 02:32:15 PM »
That's so funny to hear! I definitely earned the "Johnny Debacle" title in our group. I like to think of it as keeping my friend's from getting bored.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 03:12:11 PM »

Probably wouldn't be hunting partners very long.  Gotta take the good with the bead sometimes.  Just trust that your partner does the very best they can every time.

This is the reason we only hunt as a team of 2.  Kill happens....hunting is done till the work is done and then both are back at it.   The guy that filled the tag is now a spotter / caller / driver / packer for the rest of the hunt.  Both of us split our game 100% to make sure both families have wild game to eat every year.....regardless of who pulls the trigger.   

I will say that I am the cause of most our debacles.....but that is because he only kills the easy ones!!!   :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.   :tung:

That's so funny to hear! I definitely earned the "Johnny Debacle" title in our group. I like to think of it as keeping my friend's from getting bored.

The alternative is being known as the guy that can't hunt / kill anything!!  I'll happily take the title!!!   :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]