collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Primos Blind  (Read 1163 times)

Offline SeatoSummit88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Primos Blind
« on: September 26, 2020, 02:54:03 PM »
Hey everyone. I just acquired a Primos Double Bull Blind and I'm in need of some help to get this thing operational. Unfortunately the poles were removed from the inner pockets (as it should come out of the box from stores), so I just got done setting it up with help from a neighbor, but the hubs are not staying in place..The walls want to "fall" inward...so theres not that pop and secure pressure hold, as it normally should... Also, the other blind I have..which I'm used to hunting out of, is a dog house style, so 2 windows, no extra fabric etc etc...This thing I can't figure out why the roof isn't standing up straighter, allowing more wall fabric to be upright, enhancing/showing more of the camo pattern. Im planning on dropping this stand in a particular spot post winter and leaving until next season...will add some extra foliage, branches and smaller lodge pole trees for additional cover...id like to get this blind seasoned and allow the animals to work around it...hopefully this strategy pays off. But first.. Does any one have this blind, and would you be able to give me some guidance. Located in Bothell, if someone can come over and help me fix this problem, there's a six pack of whatever you drink waiting in the fridge.  Thanks all!
If I'm not selling, I should be hunting, If I'm not hunting, I should quit!

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
Re: Primos Blind
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 03:08:42 PM »
A quick Google Foo showed a decent amount of You Tube vids discussing the spoke hub not popping like you described.  Maybe check that out and hopefully you have an ah ha moment.

Offline Fshnpole

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 03:43:53 PM »
I have a double bull although I have not had the problem you described.  I believe the fabric of the walls has to be tight to allow the hubs to “pop open”. If I remember correctly there are some straps one each wall to tighten the fabric?

Offline SeatoSummit88

• Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 05:32:46 PM »
Thanks H20...Yeah I thought I saw all the videos I could find on Youtube...they were either basic set up, where the poles were already in place and it was just a simple pull on each wall tab and the unit would come together. The only other video I could find was repairing a broken pole.

Fshnpole, so the way its acting is that when I have whole thing assembled, it just wants to collapse...I think there is 1 pole that doesnt have one of those rubber ends..but that can't make the whole thing fall apart. It seems like the poles aren't long enough. I've got string tied to each wall eyelet and tied off to my garage walls...lol..keeping it taught

Offline stickbuck

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 07:23:25 PM »
I live in Bothell and can swing by tomorrow afternoon if that works for you. I’ll PM you later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SeatoSummit88

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 08:22:14 PM »
Thank you very much! Would be great

Offline SeatoSummit88

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 01:54:54 PM »
Stickbuck for the win! Great to meet you Matt. He came over and was able to diagnose that my hubs had a lot of wear on them, and needed to be replaced. Hoping that I can get replacement hubs only for this blind. Acquired for such a killer price, the investment to get this fixed up is well worth it! Love this website for these reasons alone!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]