collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sons first Turkey  (Read 1357 times)

Offline passing-thru

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Sons first Turkey
« on: September 27, 2020, 03:27:43 PM »
So my son Lyan is on a roll, first he harvested a buck earlier in month and now his first turkey. Not quite the order he wanted, when he passed Hunters safety, Turkey was number one on hit list. Bear is next on his list. Think I got my partner for the rest of my life. Proud of this little man. We were able to talk a fair size Tom into bow range at first light. He was kinda strutting around and finally stop to give Lyan a shot. Lyan drew, asked “15 yards?” I told him yes. Lyan took aim and released. Clean miss  :'( Lyan was noticeably upset and I told him we all miss. We sat for a little longer and the Tom returned. This time at 20 yards he stopped and would come no further. Lyan took his shot and again missed. He said to me, “These stupid big broadheads (Magnus Bullheads) shoot stupid” We climbed out of blind and headed home. On way home he asked “Can I just shoot my regular broadheads and shoot one in heart?” I told him he could do that on evening hunt. We got back to house ate and I added adder points behind Lyans G5 Montec’s as he watch YouTube videos of turkey shot placement. We headed out again and set up for evening. We set up in different part of property figuring the original spot wouldn’t see much action. We sat till almost 7 and I let Lyan know we would have to leave in few mins. Lyan said Ok and then right after leaned over to say he heard turkeys. As we set, 5 jakes came around blind and walked right in front of us. Lyan drew, made a kissing sound, and when they stopped, center punched biggest one. He flopped around for few seconds, then got to feet and started running. We watched him slow and and fall over. After the hug and congratulations we retrieved in Turkey. Great day in the field  Added bonus, he had his grandpa with him. When we left he told me “Grandpa is with us too” My Dad, my first hunting partner, passed away in March. Lyan wears a memorial charm with his remains. He was avid Salmon fisherman. Second time this month he made me cry
Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me
Genesis 27:3

I may not have alot but what I have I got honest.....

I'd rather be hated for what I am then be loved for what I'm not

Is it me, or are people getting dumber

Offline Brushcrawler

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Scout
Re: Sons first Turkey
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 03:30:51 PM »
It doesn’t get much better than that!
There is not enough wilderness left in the world, or in the hearts of men.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 03:36:10 PM »
Congratulations! Great smiles.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 03:41:27 PM »
Awesome sharing.

Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]