collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Looking for backcountry/ out of state hunting partner(s)  (Read 2288 times)

Offline calahcoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Looking for backcountry/ out of state hunting partner(s)
« on: January 12, 2020, 12:49:57 PM »
Hello everyone,
I am a somewhat experienced (6 years hunting, 4 years backpacking) hunter. I have killed several deer, a black bear, and my fair share of birds. I have become increasingly interested in backpack style hunting, and have all of my own equipment to do so. I predominantly rifle hunt deer and archery hunt elk in Washington State. I am not opposed to changing up weapon choices. I have 5 points in quality deer, 5 in quality elk, 4 in goat, and 4 in sheep.

In a hunting partner I am looking for someone who has experience in the backcountry, or at least is equipped to do so and is willing to embrace the "suck" that comes with living out of a backpack. I am hoping to develop spots in Washington that we can rely on most years. I am interested in hunting early archery elk, the high buck hunt, general season rifle deer, late rifle deer, and late archery elk Further, I would like to hunt out of state in the next 1-2 years. Preferably Arizona OTC late archery deer, Montana OTC late rifle deer, or an early season archery elk hunt.

If this sounds like someone who you would want to hunt with, feel free to pm me or reply to this post. I split time between Yakima and Bellingham, and plan on scouting and hunting both areas among others in Washington this summer and fall.

Offline huntnut26

• Tracker
Re: Looking for backcountry/ out of state hunting partner(s)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 05:36:15 PM »
I'm interested PM me more info and lets see if we can work it out. I rifle hunt for deer (at least till I draw quality tag) and archery hunted for elk. I live in yakima

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 07:00:10 PM »
So you will be hunting out of state on a general tag since you have no points? But you are interested in hunting in wa states back country in the mean time?
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline calahcoo

• Pilgrim
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 07:36:39 PM »
Sky, exactly. I have no points in any states besides Washington. I would prefer to backpack hunt for early archery elk and modern rifle season.

Offline tself9

• Pilgrim
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 05:11:28 PM »
Hello,
Ever find anyone? I could be interested and should know early next week.  My partner for a planned rifle deer trip in eastern Washington is being non-committal right now. I've set aside 10/15 to 10/21 for the season and I was looking at the Okanogan area.

I've only seriously bow-hunted so far, and only for 3 years.  I've yet to get an animal but this year I really stepped up my spot and stalk game and I was within 10-50 yards of legal deer all 5 days of my trip.  I came to full draw several times as well but just couldn't get the mostly broadside shot I wanted before spooking them.  Anyway, I've got the multi-season deer permit, my .308 shot is solid up to 300 yds., and I really want to get my first hunted meat in the freezer this year.

I'm geared for backcountry but haven't had a backcountry trip yet.  I've skinned, gutted, and quartered several lambs and one deer (I hit with my SUV :/ last year), so I have plenty of experience there.

Let me know if you're still looking and we can talk more as I await my partner's final answer.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]