collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Someone walks into my shooting lane do I say something?  (Read 2895 times)

Offline savagehunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Longhunter
Re: Someone walks into my shooting lane do I say something?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2021, 08:09:47 PM »
I am aware of what is at the end of the road and to my right. This is an after work spot that is close enough to get a little me time. So I guess the consensus is dont say anything or announce myself. Thanks for the input, at the time I figured it was safer for both of us. Next time I'll just get a little deeper in the brush and keep my head down.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2021, 08:57:57 PM »
I am aware of what is at the end of the road and to my right. This is an after work spot that is close enough to get a little me time. So I guess the consensus is dont say anything or announce myself. Thanks for the input, at the time I figured it was safer for both of us. Next time I'll just get a little deeper in the brush and keep my head down.

Announce yourself. Make yourself known.
The part about you letting him know how you felt made me think you got angry with the guy for being there. 
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2021, 09:06:30 PM »
I am aware of what is at the end of the road and to my right. This is an after work spot that is close enough to get a little me time. So I guess the consensus is don't say anything or announce myself. Thanks for the input, at the time I figured it was safer for both of us. Next time I'll just get a little deeper in the brush and keep my head down.

Yup, announce yourself.   So if he goes on by and a buck runs between you two he'll know your behind him  :chuckle:
just a little whistle and a wave good enough

couple weeks ago this happened to me, I was walking a road to access a roadless bowl out past the end of the turn around,  dude was sitting up above the road on the cutbank so he could see down over the clearcut below.   I thought it was courteous.  He just flicked his hat or waved it so I'd see him. 

No orange, wasn't required. 

I'm no expert on hunting your side of the state, that's like combat hunting to me, I rarely see anyone

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2021, 09:11:07 PM »
Sounds like pretty normal stuff for general season.
Us as hunters I believe we all avoid each other as much as possible.
But that's not always the case.
You can always try ,being even earlier,staying later,going midweek,everyday, setup closer to the beginning of road,instead of the end,even after all that still expect company.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline savagehunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2021, 09:20:07 PM »
I wasn't angry at all. I was worried really. There is houses and a road  close by that narrow everything down as far as safe shooting lanes go. The other hunter was a young guy maybe early 20s. He came by and at first I thought he hadn't seen me as he did not anounce himself or look at me. So I spoke up. The main reason I brought this subject up is opening weekend end on Sunday day my son and I had set up on the other side of the draw and three hunters  walked in and set up in front of us . We didn't say anything we just packed up and left. This time I did say something but was second guessing myself after; that I came off as someone that acts like they own the mountain when I have never been like that . So if you are that kid I apologize I wasn't trying to run you off I was just being overly cautious.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal