collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Williams peep sight with front globe sight now fits knight  (Read 4072 times)

Offline lazydrifter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Williams peep sight with front globe sight now fits knight
« on: January 23, 2022, 06:35:24 AM »
Muzzleloaders.com now lists that new peep sight kit as being compatible with knight and it is also in stock.

https://muzzle-loaders.com/products/williams-western-precision-muzzleloading-sight-set-cva-traditions-t-c-676584?variant=40272144826577

Offline Caseknife

• Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, SCI
Re: Williams peep sight with front globe sight now fits knight
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 06:56:54 AM »
I've got the same set up on my Traditions, but put the front globe on shotgun ramp, think it is a dovetail globe.
Makes the sight picture better for aging eyes, figure out which insert works the best.

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 07:28:53 AM »
Great site ! Love mine

Offline jeffitz

• Scout
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 08:24:44 AM »
Anybody know if these will work on a Rem700ML ? Cant find on website.
If you're gonna be dumb,you gotta be tough.

Offline Wetwoodshunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 08:58:52 AM »

I have one on my Rem 700 ultimate MZloader, I am actually going to switch it out. I hunt in thick timber and lose about 20 minutes of shooting light on each end of the day with this site vs. a fiberoptic peep. The crosshairs are super thin and can be difficult to see if you don't have full light.

My $.02
If you still wat one: https://www.tactical-store.com/ts-wl-rs2-wpms2.html

Offline jeffitz

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2022, 09:06:38 AM »
Ok thank for the info
If you're gonna be dumb,you gotta be tough.

Offline Sabotloader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 12:00:11 PM »
Muzzleloaders.com now lists that new peep sight kit as being compatible with knight and it is also in stock.

https://muzzle-loaders.com/products/williams-western-precision-muzzleloading-sight-set-cva-traditions-t-c-676584?variant=40272144826577

It would be my suggestion that you get the Williams WRGS rear peep, only because the Williams FP peep isn't available at this time.  And for the front sight order a Williams ramp, fire sight, and fire sight hood.

With the hood and fire sight you get the feeling you are shooting a 1x scope - sight picture.

This is the front sight combination

Only for hunting I change the fiber optic from red to green for better contrast.

This is the Williams FP peep

Keep shooting muzzleloaders - They are a blast!!

Offline Wetwoodshunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2022, 04:17:54 PM »

It would be my suggestion that you get the Williams WRGS rear peep, only because the Williams FP peep isn't available at this time.  And for the front sight order a Williams ramp, fire sight, and fire sight hood.

With the hood and fire sight you get the feeling you are shooting a 1x scope - sight picture.

This is the front sight combination

Only for hunting I change the fiber optic from red to green for better contrast.

This is the Williams FP peep

I need this setup in my life.

Offline steeleywhopper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2022, 06:44:11 PM »

I have one on my Rem 700 ultimate MZloader, I am actually going to switch it out. I hunt in thick timber and lose about 20 minutes of shooting light on each end of the day with this site vs. a fiberoptic peep. The crosshairs are super thin and can be difficult to see if you don't have full light.

I feel the same way with this front sight system. I put one on my Accura and I’ll be getting rid of it as it completely washes out the front insert when in timber and or low light. I know it cost my buddy a very large black tail as he could not see the buck against the timber in the background. I truly believe these were designed for people that hunt really open country. Painting the front inserts with glow paint did nothing to help the issue either.
Politicians like Jay Inslee are the reason we have the 2nd Amendment

Offline pd

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2022, 09:53:44 PM »

Man, that was an awesome thread.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Sabotloader

• Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2022, 08:46:49 AM »

Man, that was an awesome thread.

Now I am not saying it is as good as a 1x scope but it gives you the impression you are looking through a scope - mostly because you really do not see the peep just the hood and front sight.

This pic KINDA shows what I am indicating - bottom right pic

Offline Mtnwalker

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2022, 09:21:01 AM »
Interesting stuff as always SL. For some reason my groups fell apart when I went to a peep on the rear with the fiber optic front. Granted, I didn't have a hood on the front with the FO so maybe that was the missing link but it just didn't work for me. I now have one setup with factory FO sights and one with a peep and crosshair. If I'm going to be in the timber I'll take the fiber optics, open country especially in the snow the crosshair is great.

Offline Sabotloader

• Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2022, 02:03:32 PM »
Interesting stuff as always SL. For some reason my groups fell apart when I went to a peep on the rear with the fiber optic front. Granted, I didn't have a hood on the front with the FO so maybe that was the missing link but it just didn't work for me. I now have one setup with factory FO sights and one with a peep and crosshair. If I'm going to be in the timber I'll take the fiber optics, open country especially in the snow the crosshair is great.

One of the key points when using a peep is not to try center the bead in the peep... Look at the front sight and put it on the target your eye will automatically center the bead.  It will take a bit of shooting to let your brain and eye do its thing.

Offline optic2

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
  • Groups: 2AF, FPC, GOA, BHA, RMEF
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2022, 04:21:34 AM »

I feel the same way with this front sight system. I put one on my Accura and I’ll be getting rid of it as it completely washes out the front insert when in timber and or low light. I know it cost my buddy a very large black tail as he could not see the buck against the timber in the background. I truly believe these were designed for people that hunt really open country. Painting the front inserts with glow paint did nothing to help the issue either.

steeleywhopper, your inbox is full.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand