collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Predator Hunting Partner Needed  (Read 2957 times)

Offline CasterlyRock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Predator Hunting Partner Needed
« on: February 27, 2022, 11:39:32 PM »
Hello I'm in Castle Rock area. I am having a ton of predators at my farm coyotes and bobcats. I have been hunting them every night / day. I am not having much success, but they are still coming in constantly and harassing my animals.

I'm very safe and extremely well trained with weapons, but new to hunting and Washington. I went out for blacktail and bear for 2021 season but didn't get anything.

I do have a freezer full of delicious farm raised meats and a well seasoned smoker to share with anyone who wants to come help. I will also process and share any pelts we get.

I'm available any day as farming is my full time job.

If someone is an experienced hunter that's great, but just having anyone tag along would be amazing, two sets of eyes are so much better.

Thanks!

Offline Blazedeath69

• Pilgrim
    • Anthony Sterling
Re: Predator Hunting Partner Needed
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 11:50:18 PM »
Still need help going to be down that way in a few weeks

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 06:28:02 AM »
Too bad I'm about as far away as you can get and still be in Washington lol

I'm up in the North East corner, I bet someone will take you up on this cool offer though  :tup:

Offline longtrails

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 11:28:13 PM »
Darn, to far for me to, though man that would be fun. Haven't hunted yotes for a spell.  Whoever gets in on this is going to be lucky. It's almost like a Disneyland trip for hunters.

Offline birdshooter1189

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 06:53:13 AM »
Too far away for me too. But I can give you some tips. I was having similar problems at my place.

Here is what works:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZT75T8L/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=19c834dd0ab90fb99ea392f9f2456210&hsa_cr_id=1298617660501&pd_rd_plhdr=t&pd_rd_r=bfa2baef-2068-4ae4-a466-a3541a33a583&pd_rd_w=jbkKU&pd_rd_wg=MUn26&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_td_asin_1_title

Driveway alarms will let you know when they show up at a particular spot.  I suggest spending a couple hours to make a couple "bait stations" (a spot within view of a house window, a dirt pile for a bullet backstop, bait scattered on the ground (cat food, dog food, or meat scraps), and then put a motion alarm about 10' from the bait, pointing at it).  You can grease your windows so they open easier and quieter.

Most of the predator activity will be at night.  Nightvision and thermal is great, but if you don't have those, just get a bright, narrow-beam flashlight and mount it to your gun. You can buy lights and mounts for under $50 that will work for out to about 100 yds.

Spend 2-3 hours setting up the alarms and bait stations, and memorize which chime/tune is for which alarm and where it is at.  You should have your predators under control within a month.

It doesn't stop after a month though. They will continue to trickle in indefinitely.  But with the bait stations, you will be ready for them whenever they show up.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 08:23:29 AM »
I can run down after next week and help out. I predator hunt the area occasionally. Shoot me a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CasterlyRock

• Tracker
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 04:31:56 PM »
Hey all, for some reason my notifications have stopped working in my e-mail, I'll look into it.

I still haven't put any down.

I'm taking any and all suggestions so I really appreciate the posts.

Offline jpharcher

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
  • "Aim Small, Miss Small!"
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2022, 01:11:14 AM »
My 204 ruger or 22-250 would love to help solve your yote problem!

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal