collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Carport builders  (Read 1851 times)

Offline huntandjeep

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
Carport builders
« on: March 15, 2023, 04:31:17 PM »
I know there has been talk of Carports / RV Carport before here but looking for new info . Basically I'm wanting a 24x25x9 carport that's enclosed on 3 sides . Anyone have or know of anyone that sells them ?
Anyone that thinks a Glock is better than a 1911 paints his toenails.
Yakima Valley Mountaineers

Offline GOcougsHunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: MHPP, MHAG, HEI, RMEF, DU, USVEMG
Re: Carport builders
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 04:54:44 PM »
I'd like to tag on to this and also ask if anyone knows of decent carport/barn sheet metal suppliers outside of the big box stores which are charging a pretty significant premium for very limited supply?
Introduce someone new to hunting this year.

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 05:18:46 PM »
I'd like to tag on to this and also ask if anyone knows of decent carport/barn sheet metal suppliers outside of the big box stores which are charging a pretty significant premium for very limited supply?
call nu-ray metals in auburn. They are reasonably priced. If you want more details before you call your more than welcome to shoot me a pm.
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline huntandjeep

• Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 05:48:49 PM »
Are you just looking for the Sheet metal ? Or an entire building?

Offline fire*guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 09:13:16 PM »
If your interested in building your own .. try Hason pole buildings.. you can purchase a kit with whole plan drawings.

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 09:40:46 PM »
If your interested in building your own .. try Hason pole buildings.. you can purchase a kit with whole plan drawings.

Second that!!!! Built a 30x40 shop and there plans and manual were top notch. :yeah:
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline Iveexcaped3

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
    • Riverside Construction, LLC
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2023, 06:22:48 AM »
I know there has been talk of Carports / RV Carport before here but looking for new info . Basically I'm wanting a 24x25x9 carport that's enclosed on 3 sides . Anyone have or know of anyone that sells them ?

Be careful, I had to remove one out of selah because they didn’t pull permit and code enforcement was going to issue a fine if it wasn’t removed, permitted, then rebuilt.

https://www.yakimawa.gov/services/codes/files/Residential-Patio-Cover-or-Carport-Application-Packet_08-2022.pdf

Offline huntandjeep

• Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2023, 06:59:13 AM »

Be careful, I had to remove one out of selah because they didn’t pull permit and code enforcement was going to issue a fine if it wasn’t removed, permitted, then rebuilt.

https://www.yakimawa.gov/services/codes/files/Residential-Patio-Cover-or-Carport-Application-Packet_08-2022.pdf
Im going to get a permit and do it the legal way . As for a Pole Bldg I already have a 40x40 . This is to store a tractor,  and a car trailer ( boat in the future) so don't need a high dollar Bldg. 

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2023, 07:00:57 AM »
Hope your luck is better than mine but I've been trying to get a bid for adding a lean to on the side of my existing shop for over six weeks now and either they flake out and just flat won't show up or the one that did show up, and I thought they were a pretty reputable builder, it has been almost four weeks since there were here and still no bid.  I've even called them twice to ask about it and keep getting excuses why they haven't got back to me yet so I'm going to check them off my list and keep looking.  Sheesh, how tough can it be to add a lean to on an existing shop and I even have super easy access.  :o

Offline huntandjeep

• Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2023, 11:08:10 AM »
Hope your luck is better than mine but I've been trying to get a bid for adding a lean to on the side of my existing shop for over six weeks now and either they flake out and just flat won't show up or the one that did show up, and I thought they were a pretty reputable builder, it has been almost four weeks since there were here and still no bid.  I've even called them twice to ask about it and keep getting excuses why they haven't got back to me yet so I'm going to check them off my list and keep looking.  Sheesh, how tough can it be to add a lean to on an existing shop and I even have super easy access.  :o
Im in construction and I know everyone is swamped . Not an excuse for them ( I hate guys that don't call back or every respond with bids . I had a hell of a time getting the builders that built my shop to come out and give a bid to add a 12x40 lean to onto my shop . Finally did after 6 months and wanted 14k  plus engineering and permit . Said screw that drew up what I wanted , had it Engineered,  got my permit and did it in a weekend for 5k total . If you were closer I would help you out  :tup:

Offline Zardoz

• Meme Lord
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: NRA,GOA
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2023, 08:02:40 PM »

Ggrrrrrr....
“It is the responsibility of the patriot to protect his country from its government.”—Thomas Paine

Certa Bonum Certamen
SILENCE LIKE A CANCER,...GROWS.

Offline kball4

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2023, 06:46:17 AM »
Versa Tube, diy kits that meet code if needed for a permit.  https://versatube.com/

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]