collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Venison Kabobs  (Read 1564 times)

Offline steen

• Women's Board
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Venison Kabobs
« on: January 04, 2010, 10:32:25 PM »
Tis is my husbands  work of art.  You can use hind quarter meat for this but if you like it realy tender use the backstrap meat.  All ingredients should be cut into 1/2 inch chunks.  Venison of choice
                                                                                             pineapple chunks
                                                                                             onion
                                                                                             sweet pepper any color
                                                                                             mushrooms
                                                                                             bacon, uncooked
                                                                                             Terriaky glaze the thick stuff
It's a long process if you are making for a large crowd but people always love them.  You also need skewers long enough to go across a 9x13 pan the short way.  Cut all ingredients into chunks, bacon long enough to wrap once around the meat.  Assemble in bowls start skewering.  Any combination works but at least one pineapple next to the meat is awesome.  Wrap the bacon around the meat before skewering.  Arrange acrosse the 9x13 baking dish so the bacon can drip in the pan while cooking.  If you cook it partially in the oven you avoid a grease fire in the grill.  Bake at 350 until bacon is close to cooked or finished dripping, you may have to experiment with this part cause you don't want the meat over cooked.  Fire up the grill, place on hot grill cook till meat is tender and brush with glaze the last few minutes before removing from the grill.  Serve while piping hot.  Allow 3-4 per person if it is the only thing served otherwise half it with side dishes.  They never last long  I hope I remembered it all.  Good luck!

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal