collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: This ain't a sales pitch....Trust me, when I say "It's Time"  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Mortgage Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
This ain't a sales pitch....Trust me, when I say "It's Time"
« on: January 29, 2008, 04:01:43 PM »
The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) is scheduled to meet again this week and it's predicted that rates will be cut again. It's commonly thought that a cut in interest rates by the FOMC brings with it a decline in home mortgage rates. This is not always true.

If you are considering obtaining a new loan, the time to pick up the phone is now.

Historically, the time to make an application to capture the best rate may be before an FOMC meeting, not after. While it's true that mortgage rates may improve immediately following a rate cut, they can just as quickly get worse. I don’t want you to lose out by playing the waiting game.

Why do home loan rates often decline following rate cuts by the FOMC? The reason is that Fed rate cuts can be seen as inflationary and bond traders hate inflation. And it is the bond market that sets long-term interest rates.

After two recent FOMC meetings, interest rates rose significantly after a rate cut. First when rates were cut in September of 2007 and then again following the inter-session emergency meeting in January 2008. In each case the price of bonds deteriorated quickly and in the span of two days, interest rates increased up to .75% off of their low points.

If you would like to know how you could benefit from refinancing or are in the process of buying a new home, make sure you have your application in process. This way, you can capture the best interest rate when it is available. If you wait, you may cost yourself the best chance to have the lowest rate.

Call me today for a FREE evaluation of your home loan.  I'm a straight shooter and if refinancing doesn't make financial sense, I'm going to be the first one to tell you. 
Call me at 206.852.9964 or visit me online at  www.mortgagehunter.net (click here)

Offline Mortgage Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: This ain't a sales pitch....Trust me, when I say "It's Time"
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 06:09:42 PM »
The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) is scheduled to meet again this week and it's predicted that rates will be cut again. It's commonly thought that a cut in interest rates by the FOMC brings with it a decline in home mortgage rates. This is not always true.

If you are considering obtaining a new loan, the time to pick up the phone is now.

Historically, the time to make an application to capture the best rate may be before an FOMC meeting, not after. While it's true that mortgage rates may improve immediately following a rate cut, they can just as quickly get worse. I don’t want you to lose out by playing the waiting game.

Why do home loan rates often decline following rate cuts by the FOMC? The reason is that Fed rate cuts can be seen as inflationary and bond traders hate inflation. And it is the bond market that sets long-term interest rates.

After two recent FOMC meetings, interest rates rose significantly after a rate cut. First when rates were cut in September of 2007 and then again following the inter-session emergency meeting in January 2008. In each case the price of bonds deteriorated quickly and in the span of two days, interest rates increased up to .75% off of their low points.

If you would like to know how you could benefit from refinancing or are in the process of buying a new home, make sure you have your application in process. This way, you can capture the best interest rate when it is available. If you wait, you may cost yourself the best chance to have the lowest rate.

Like I said.....Trust me, when I say "It's Time"

Mortgage rates end five-week descent
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Mortgage rates ended their five-week descent following the Fed's decision to cut its federal funds rate by half of a percentage point, Freddie Mac reported Thursday.

The government-sponsored loan buyer said the rate on a 30-year fixed-rate loan averaged 5.68% for the week ending Thursday, up from 5.48% last week, but still well below its historical average Freddie Mac noted.

At this time last year, the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 6.34%, Freddie Mac said.

"Reinforcing the Fed's resolution to thwart a recession, the Federal Open Market Committee announced another cut in the target federal funds rate by half of a percentage point in their most recent scheduled meeting," said Freddie Mac (FRE, Fortune 500) vice president and chief economist Frank Nothaft in statement Thursday.

"This came on the heels of the Fed's rate cut of three-quarters of a percentage point the previous week, and the shaping-up of a fiscal stimulus package by Congress and the White House. This cut was in line with market expectations." he added.
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an example of how Mortgage Hunter's knowledge and experience can benefit you.  Anyone can give you advise...but, can they back it up with results that save you money as shown here?   

If your mortgage banker isn't proactivly advising you of changes in the market and how they can impact you...it's time to call someone who will !!!

Call Mortgage Hunter TODAY!!!...(206)852-9964   

sisu

Re: This ain't a sales pitch....Trust me, when I say "It's Time"
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 09:22:56 AM »
So true. The houses here in our subdivision that have been sitting for months are getting more activity and some sold signs are being placed over the for sale. Looks like the drop helped some buyers to go forth with their plans.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]