collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Worst Drag EVER  (Read 12965 times)

Offline huntindoc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: Worst Drag EVER
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2010, 12:06:02 AM »
Got dropped off on the top of a ridge in about 18 inches of snow, just at tree line on Kodiak( the guy driving me up the hill on a quad dumped me off the back as he almost rolled the thing.  I rolled off, kept the rifle out of the snow, and didn't get too banged up).  Beautiful day.  Got into the deer quickly, passed on a small 3 point, and kept glassing.  1:30pm, I see a fat doe, glass around and see her boyfriend.  A dandy old heavy 3x3 with eye guards.  I dumped him.  After pictures, I realized I was about 3 miles as the crow flies from camp, and only about 1/4 mile from where we had seen an 11 ft bear 2 days before.  Crap.  I ended up boning the buck out, stuffing and tying it all onto my day pack, and walking out, just as a full blown blizzard set in.  I was staggering around in those lousy thick alders, playing meat popsicle.  Scared the crap out of me.  Ended up draggin my carcass into camp in one piece, but I had kept  the hand cannon at the ready most of the way down, just in case.

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
Re: Worst Drag EVER
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2010, 08:05:53 AM »
  After pictures, I realized I was about 3 miles as the crow flies from camp...

How many times has that happened to everyone....? :chuckle: :chuckle:  THat's about the time you stop grinning and start looking around, in every direction, as if you were trying to suddenly discover an unknown road construction project that will make it to your location by the time you get done gutting him... :chuckle: :chuckle:
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal