collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Klickitat Meadows  (Read 1876 times)

Offline 300wsm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Klickitat Meadows
« on: June 15, 2011, 11:05:56 AM »
I drew the only archery bull tag for this area.  I've got some good sources for this area and have already P.M.ed a couple folks whom have had the tag or know the area.  I hope this tag turns out to be a good one for me.  I know it won't be an easy hunt and there are negatives to all areas so don't turn this thread into a Indian bashing thread please.  Anybody have any helpful info on this area.  It's been years since I was in those areas with my dad and uncle but have some great memories of pulling trout out of a little stream and seeing some beautiful country.
My Sweat, My Blood, Your Tears!

Offline 75johndeere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: Klickitat Meadows
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:11:52 AM »
You will have fun with that tag just don't forget the cb those truckers move in there

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:39:51 PM »
Nice area up there.  I came in on foot from the Reservation side with my wife and we bugled a bull but the weather for a couple of days was really crappy.  Rain, strong wind and fog so the closest he came into was probably a 100 yards and visibility was only about 60 or 70 yards.  He wasn't close enough to smell or see but he was close enough to hear bugling and crashing through the trees.  The wind kept shifting and he must've caught our sent because that's about as close as we could get him.  We stalked some cows for awhile hoping to see or hear a bull but after our clothes started getting heavier because of the rain and it was just miserable for the wife we called it and made our trek back to the vehicle.  When we came over the top there wasn't anybody else out there for the few days we were there and we didn't hear any shots either.  This was the last couple of days of Aug. and beginning of Sept.  Like its been said before, get out of your truck and put some miles on your boots if you wanna get a good bull.  If you get set up before dawn and you're lucky you might get some "Indians" road hunting from the Rez side pushing the elk your way.  I know a lot of road hunters and I'm not one of them.  I'm a big guy and I love getting out and humping (Marine jargon for hiking).  Good luck and keep us posted.
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline 300wsm

• Hunter
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 09:13:09 PM »
PlateauNDN,

Where you just playing around or did you have a tag? 

Offline kirkl

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • USN Veteran- USS Nimitz CVN 68
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 09:11:03 AM »
You dirty dog. the teeanaway tag last year now this.  :chuckle:

Offline farmin4u_98948

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 09:53:47 AM »
The good thing about that area is it has been logged and burned so It is really opened up with fair access, Yet still has many great pockets. The bad is that there is no camping and No advanced scouting. Great tag. Not to much pressure. I love that area. Its the modern rifle #1 choice for me every year....
Just because you believe something is true doesn't mean that it is true!

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 02:39:40 PM »
PlateauNDN,

Sorry, I wasn't playing around.  The Klickitat Meadows area borders the Reservation and is considered Ceded Area for Yakama's so open for us to hunt.  Again, I'm a hunter with ethics so please don't get me confused with any others.  You asked for info. and I provided some info.  It's a very nice area and I love going in there during the summer to scout and just go for a ride with the family.
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline 300wsm

• Hunter
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 03:25:16 PM »
PlateauNDN,

Sorry, I wasn't playing around.  The Klickitat Meadows area borders the Reservation and is considered Ceded Area for Yakama's so open for us to hunt.  Again, I'm a hunter with ethics so please don't get me confused with any others.  You asked for info. and I provided some info.  It's a very nice area and I love going in there during the summer to scout and just go for a ride with the family.

"Playing around" was meant as having fun in the woods.  Nothing else.  Thanks for your response and good luck to you in the woods.  Any info is appreciated.  If you want to p.m. me any details of where to start, I would appreciate that also.

Offline Austrian Hunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 03:51:41 PM »
PM sent

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal