collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Special hunt permits!!! Bad news (Olympia update)  (Read 5324 times)

Online HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
Special hunt permits!!! Bad news (Olympia update)
« on: July 17, 2007, 10:46:27 AM »
  All right you guys.I know its only my first post here.And I hate to be a bearer of bad news.But heres the scoop as of about 15 minutes ago.

I called WDFWs Oly office.Talked to a gal in liscensing.

I asked her about the header on their mainpage about due to technical difficulties special permits are not yet available.  :dunno:

She said hopefully the info will be up by Friday.But they do have till the end of the month! :bash:

I asked her about the accuracy of the selected - not selected part of the draws where we have been checking in with our wild id #s.

She said "dont rely on that its absolutely not accurate.They cant even verify it."  "Nothing will be accurate until results with draws are fully posted once they get the problems taken care of. >:(

I hope you guys that think you got drawn still get your draws.But as I said.Straight from Oly.Dont count on it.

This looks like a great site.I'm looking forward to putting in some more time here.Hopefully My next posts will be something a little more positive.

HntnFsh

Offline WDFW-SUX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Special hunt permits!!! Bad news (Olympia update)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:51:53 AM »
 :chuckle:.......................... :puke:
THE WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE SUCKS MORE THAN EVER..........

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 10:54:10 AM »
Thanks for that info; I'm not surprised.  This means I still have a chance.  :chuckle:

Offline GoldTip

• Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 11:57:49 AM »
well on the one hand this could mean I still might draw a Moose tag. :drool:  On the other hand it could mean that my buddy didn't draw one of his choices for his SE WA bull tag. >:(  I guess basically it means none of us really knows a darned thing about the draw and neither does the F&G folks! :bash:
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
If I ageed with you, then we'd both be wrong.
You are never to old to learn something stupid.

Offline kirkl

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • USN Veteran- USS Nimitz CVN 68
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 02:28:39 PM »
Thats what i like to hear, still a chance.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 03:01:09 PM »
For those of those that did draw, sorry.....for the rest of us :tup:

Offline Buckblaster

• Scout
  • 2015 Wyoming Moose
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 03:52:21 PM »
I had an elk permit for a fleeting moment. I will cherish that moment for the rest of my life, maybe.
Not surprised...
NRA Life Member

"The people will not understand the importance of the Second Amendment until it is too late."
Thomas Jefferson

Online HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 02:32:34 PM »
Sent this to Koenings and the Liscensing dept. this morning.   

Dear Mr Koenings,                                                                                                                   07/18/07

There has been a great deal of concern in the hunting community regarding this years permit draw process.Most people feel that the extension given on the submission of draws was not fair to people that put their selections in on time.They feel that it gave people an opportunity to apply for permits that wouldnt have ordinarily applied.Thus taking opportunity away from people that applied on time.

Another situation has been where people are going to the site where you put in your wild I.D. # and it tells if you were selected, or not selected for Individual species and for each year.They are seeing results for 2007 showing if they have been selected or not,but arent yet able to see what units they were selected for, if they were selected for a special permit.
    Some offices are saying that it is not valid information and it will probably change.Other offices are saying it is accurate, and all that needs to be posted is the unit that an individual was selected for.

Another area of concern is the validity of this years permit draw.We have all been seeing the notice that "Due to technical difficulties special hunt results are not yet available."A lot of people have been calling the Olympia offices and regional offices.Then they get a lot of conflicting reports of what is going on with the draw system.

Some of the examples are
That bonus points were not put in so a redraw needs to be done.
There is a server issue transfering the info from Outdoor Central to WDFW.
That the selected- not selected portion of the draws is accurate.
That the selected-not selected portion is not accurate.

Most sportsmen and women feel that Outdoor Central has been in this business for a long time.They should be very capable of handling any and all issues that come up with the permitting process and that delays and mistakes on their part are totally unacceptable.But that they seem to make them every year.We hope that this issue has been taken up with them and that we wont be seeing these kinds of problems in the future.

Unfortunately most people are placing the blame on WDFW because your office did the hiring of Outdoor Central.Thus you are ultimately responsible for the final outcome.This is causing a major image problem with WDFW as seen by our states sportsmen and women.

I have been seeing these issues talked about on several internet bulletin boards.One thing that has been a pretty good suggestion would be if there is any way you could put up a bulletin on WDFWs website,and explain what is really going on.Maybe address some of the issues I brought up.And also to explain what is being done to get these issues straightened out.

I would really appreciate it if I could hear back from you regarding this letter.
      You can reach me at  xxxxxxxx .com

Sincerely,
  Rick Hill

These are just a few examples of whats going on.

Got this.This afternoon. Dont know if its related or not,but at least it clears things up.I'm sure their have been plenty of other calls and emails.

600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov/

July 18, 2007

Results of special-hunt drawing delayed

The results of the drawing for 2007 special hunting permits are not available at this time, due to technical difficulties with the Department of Fish and Wildlife’s (WDFW) computerized licensing system.

WDFW will post the results on this website and contact successful applicants as soon as the drawing is completed and the results are verified.

A test drawing, conducted July 14, was never verified, because WDFW found that its licensing system failed to include bonus points for many applicants. WDFW is working with Outdoor Central, its licensing system vendor, to correct that problem before conducting a final drawing.

“Fairness is the key issue here,” said Larry Peck, WDFW deputy director. “We need to make sure everyone gets all the bonus points coming to them. This is a two-step process: The drawing is not official until the results have been verified.”

Once that occurs, the department will immediately phone about 320 applicants for special hunts beginning Aug. 1 with the results, Peck said. Other applicants will be notified by mail, as described in WDFW’s Big Game Hunting Rules pamphlet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message has been sent to the WDFW All Information mailing list.
To UNSUBSCRIBE from this mailing list: http://wdfw.wa.gov/lists/unsubscribe.htm
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 02:54:03 PM by HntnFsh »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]