collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 way radios  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Falcon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
2 way radios
« on: August 16, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »

I need to buy a new set of 2 way radios. I need decent coverage in the timber for 1-2 miles. After reading all the customers reviews on the Cabelas site, I think I might have my work cut out for me.  :bash:

Does anyone have any good reports on radios that work even half way decent in the thick stuff?

Thanks,

Bryan
Cast all your anxiety upon him, for he cares for you.    1 Peter 5:7

Offline Gutpile

• Gaseous horribulous stinkusis
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/mark.farrell.142?ref=tn_tnmn
Re: 2 way radios
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 08:37:39 PM »
Not really. They are finicky. I've been happy for the most part with cobra. Get the longest range ones you can find. They arent too expensive and work good just so your not trying to call over ridges & hills. I like them but they can test your patience. One big thing to look for is ones that don't beep every time you push a button. Some silence, some don't. I'm not a 2 way guru by any means but I hope that helps a bit nonetheless.

Y.A.R. Gold Member

Offline jeff100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: 2 way radios
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 11:35:13 PM »
I got sick and tired of useless two way radios, so a couple of years ago me and a buddy got serious about in the field communications, and bought Midland hand held CB's.  Mine came with all the adapters I needed to use it in the rig too, except I need to mount a antenna on my rig.

http://www.amazon.com/Midland-75-822-Handheld-Vehicle-Adapter/dp/B00000K2YR/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1218954485&sr=1-2

I have the 75-820, and it's been the best two way radio I've ever owned.  I also LOVE the 10 channel weather radio it has built in.  I use it more for that, than I do for talking to my buddy in the field.  Just keep in mind, if you're at the bottom of a canyon, and your hunting partner is at the bottom of another canyon with a ridge between ya, nothing is gonna work...

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal