collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW seeks comments: 2015-17 hunting season proposals  (Read 21195 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
WDFW seeks comments: 2015-17 hunting season proposals
« on: August 13, 2014, 05:41:23 PM »
WDFW NEWS RELEASE
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov/
August 13, 2014

WDFW seeks comments, schedules meetings on 2015-17 hunting season proposals

OLYMPIA – The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is seeking comments on proposed alternatives for 2015-17 hunting seasons, and has scheduled several meetings this month to discuss the proposals with the public.
The alternatives will be posted by Aug. 18 on WDFW’s website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/regulations/seasonsetting/ , where people can also provide comments. The Game Management Plan and scoping criteria for the 2015-17 season-setting process is available on the website as well.

WDFW is accepting comments on the alternatives through Sept. 20.

The department has also scheduled a series of public meetings in August to discuss the alternatives. The meetings will run from 7-9 p.m. and are scheduled for:

•   Aug. 19 – Spokane: Centerplace Regional Events Center, 2426 N Discovery Place, Spokane Valley, Great Room.
•   Aug. 20 – Moses Lake: Big Bend Community College ATEC Building, 7611 Bolling St. NE, Moses Lake, Masto Conference Center.
•   Aug. 21 – Ellensburg: CWU Campus 400 E University Way, Ellensburg, Wellington’s Event Center.
•   Aug. 26 – Everett: Holiday Inn Downtown, 3105 Pine St., Everett, Everett Ball Room 2.
•   Aug. 27 – Tacoma: Pacific Grill Event Center, 1530 Pacific Ave., Tacoma, Chinook/Klickitat Conference Room.
•   Aug. 28 – Vancouver: Heathman Lodge, 7801 NE Greenwood Dr., Vancouver, Pacific Ballroom.

Issues currently under consideration by the department for upcoming seasons include:

•   Setting spring and fall black bear seasons.
•   Early archery elk seasons.
•   Modern firearm mule deer seasons.
•   Hunting equipment, including non-toxic ammunition, expandable broadheads and crossbows.
•   Special permit drawings.
•   Baiting big game.

Dave Ware, WDFW game program manager, said comments received from the public will be used to develop specific recommendations for 2015-17 hunting seasons, which will be available for further review in January. 

Final recommendations will be presented to the Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission for adoption next spring.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Re: WDFW seeks comments: 2015-17 hunting season proposals
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 05:59:57 PM »
Not that I care for baiting Big Game but I sure hope they are not thinking of the worst case scenario ! Would not surprise me  :dunno:

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 06:19:16 PM »
Maybe they are considering baiting bears.  :dunno:  that would be sweet! It seems they got the point on early archery.  Expandable broadheads would be sweet but I'm not interested in competing with crossbows during bow season.  Hopefully we get some good out of the meetings.  Thanks for the post!  :tup:

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 06:26:16 PM »
I'm pretty sure they're considering a ban on baiting deer and elk. It's become a lot more popular in the last few years, and I think they are getting a lot of complaints.

Offline t6

• Longhunter
  • Groups: People opposed to internet liars.... you know who you are.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 08:52:57 PM »
Next they will want to fish with bare hooks.  Baiting deer, elk, and bears is no guarantee your going to get an animal.  It can however improve the quality of the animal the hunter takes by giving them the opportunity to evaluate the animal before shooting. 

Imagine people actually taking animals that are mature and allowing the younger / smaller ones reach quality status. 

Offline police women of America

• Women's Board
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »

Not that I care for baiting Big Game but I sure hope they are not thinking of the worst case scenario ! Would not surprise me  :dunno:
I'm pretty sure they're considering a ban on baiting deer and elk. It's become a lot more popular in the last few years, and I think they are getting a lot of complaints.

isn't baiting deer illegal already???
Hi, my name is Josie

Offline Buck_Nasty11

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
  • Aim small, Miss small
  • Groups: DU, NRA, RME, SSS
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 09:19:34 PM »
Expandable broad heads would be an awesome plus but I think they would cut back our archery season if we keep asking for more... I think if they legalized baiting it would benefit everyone, more money for the state in permits and better opportunities for us. One thing I'd like to see in the waterfowl dept is electronic decoys...

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 09:24:08 PM »

No but it seems a lot of people think it is.

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 07:45:37 AM »
I just started baiting deer this year.  How lame.  Hopefully all the folks who bait chirp up and stop that from passing. 

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 08:02:59 AM »
Maybe they are considering baiting bears. :dunno:  that would be sweet! It seems they got the point on early archery.  Expandable broadheads would be sweet but I'm not interested in competing with crossbows during bow season.  Hopefully we get some good out of the meetings.  Thanks for the post!  :tup:

I did submit a proposal along those lines.  I can start a new thread with what I submitted if folks are interested and want to comment, criticize, or just trash it all together....

It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline Peskadot

• Tracker
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 08:21:17 AM »
It looks like there considering the early archery elk season. I'm hoping they move the dates back...

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 08:29:15 AM »
It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline police women of America

• Women's Board
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 11:53:49 AM »

cool, I'm surprised hunters-ed, WDFW, ect don't say anything about baiting. I have been looking forever to see if its legal.
Hi, my name is Josie

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 12:32:02 PM »
Next they will want to fish with bare hooks.  Baiting deer, elk, and bears is no guarantee your going to get an animal.  It can however improve the quality of the animal the hunter takes by giving them the opportunity to evaluate the animal before shooting. 

Imagine people actually taking animals that are mature and allowing the younger / smaller ones reach quality status. 

:yeah: 
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 12:51:45 PM »

cool, I'm surprised hunters-ed, WDFW, ect don't say anything about baiting. I have been looking forever to see if its legal.

It's a controversial issue that some people including some hunters greatly dislike. I think that's why it doesn't get talked about as much as many other issues.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]