collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: yotie tournaments??  (Read 2719 times)

Offline runniNgunnin

• "HE WHO FISTS COWS"-indian name
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
yotie tournaments??
« on: December 12, 2008, 01:37:36 PM »
anybody know of some tournaments that will be coming up??? last year i didnt find out about any until it was to late to get time off of work :'( since i work on weekends and stuff...
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Offline wastickslinger

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Re: yotie tournaments??
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 01:45:06 PM »
Warden always has a good one. If your gonna win you'll need to kill 20 dogs though. I never will but I enter the stupid thing anyway. Lots of raffle prizes that makew it worth while, goog spagetti feed too.Always a fun filled 24 hours. Unless your parnter starts barfing from the A&W in Othello's food at about midnight. (Sniper you game this year again?  :chuckle:)

Offline runniNgunnin

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 01:52:39 PM »
do you know the date? i have to rearrange time off for this stuff.... sounds like a blast though, minus the barfing an all,  :puke:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Offline runniNgunnin

• Scout
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 11:24:22 PM »
well, it al ready happened...  :'(  i ran into a guy at the store when i was buyn 223 bullets, he said," going coyote hunting?" i said yes, and he said," my buddys are in a coyote tourny right now out by Harrah..." GOD DAMN IT!!!! i asked him how he found out about it, and he said word of mouth.  :bash: Sorry, but that is really irratating to me... SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON YOTIE TOURNYS, CAN YOU PLEASE POST IT, ( Locations, Dates, Rules, Fees... anything.) thanks guys

Offline yotesniper

• Pilgrim
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 06:47:25 PM »
If you are in a coyote tournament by harrah I hope you have a YAKAMA INDIAN NATION predator control permit. If you don't and get caught they can take your vehicle, gun, equipment etc. Just givin you heads up that they are not to nice if you are doing something illegal on the rez.

Offline runniNgunnin

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 07:06:49 PM »
thats what i kinda thought when the guy i talked to said Harrah... but im sure he ment somewhere else. It really didnt matter to me, cause i didnt know of the tourny, or have a chance to enter into it...

Offline Fitz

• Pilgrim
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 07:07:24 PM »
Where does one get a permit for the Yakima reservation?  Are maps provided?  Sounds interesting.

Offline demontang

• Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 08:31:03 PM »
You have to call the rez and talk to someone, the counsel has to approve you and I don't know how much of the rez you can hunt on if they let you on. :dunno: A guy I work with is trying to get the permit for it and he has gotten the run around the last two years about when you have to apply by.

Offline runniNgunnin

• Scout
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 12:15:12 AM »
i think the rez is quite stingy about furred animals, but fowl and fish its a bit more loose on.... I BELEIVE... not for sure

Offline Bofire

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Harley YAR YAR YAR!
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 08:12:53 AM »
For birds you used to just stop at the REz store and buy the permit. I tried for several months to get a Coyote permit and finaly gave up.
When the chips are down..... the buffalo is empty!!

I do not shop at Amazon

Offline yotesniper

• Pilgrim
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 04:11:26 PM »
You have to talk to the people and the yakama nation wildlife office, they give out approx 24 permits per year and the people that already have the permits are invited back each year if you have filled out your monthly report on time and turned your blood sample cards  in on time and have not broken any tribal laws, you can not go pass the check stations, so you cannot go into the timbered lands, I have had the permit for four years and it took me five years to get it. They are very specific about where you can and cannot go, maps are provided but they are hard to read. You will get checked by tribal wildlife and tribal police and if you don't have proper permits on your person when checked they will probably pull your permit and know of a couple of people that where places they where not supposed to be and where fined and had there equipment confisicated. Hope this helps.

Offline runniNgunnin

• Scout
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 06:42:02 PM »
sounds like a waste of time, id rather stick to asking ranchers, and land owners.... they seem to be nicer then tribal buffoons.  :mor:

a friend of mine was telling me that he works with a "native", that was telling everyone how his son got his first deer on the weekend. I cant remember what month it was, but it was not a hunting season... my Friend obviously asked him what the deal was since it wasn't hunting season or whatever, and he said "We are Indian, so we can hunt whenever we want." This guy went on to say its customary to give the rifle you shoot your first deer with to a relative or something. My Friend freaked out and said "That's the stupidest f*ing thing i have ever heard!"....

sorry everyone, this rez talk just reminded me of that. but the point i am trying to make i guess is, if your going to be aloud to hunt out of season cause its your traditional way of life or whatever, should you use traditional methods(hand made bow and arrows)???? i don't know of any natives that just survive on hunting any more anyways, do you guys?? i think they should just cut the bull, and fall in line like the rest of us... back on the subject, how is hunting coyotes on the rez going to effect anything anyways. the whole thing damn thing is stupid. sorry again, not trying to offend anyone, I'm a quarter registered Cherokee, quarter Italian, and quarter dutch... but i was born in America, and don't try to live in a wigwam, eat spaghetti every night for dinner, or ware woodin shoes....

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Woodchuck
[Today at 07:05:51 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]