collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Skeptical, but need a dedicated hunting partner...  (Read 20963 times)

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
Re: Skeptical, but need a dedicated hunting partner...
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2015, 05:46:43 PM »
Who's the rich part of your team?  :dunno:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2015, 05:17:49 AM »
I'd like to applie to be guy who just wants to see what's over the next ridge.  Or do you guys have four of them already.

Offline addicted2hunting

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, NAVHDA, HRC.
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2015, 09:30:52 AM »
I myself am becoming more of a solo guy. just something you cant beat. I don't mind base camping with someone but I prefer to hunt alone! why double scent and noise? Plus the personal challenge it gives you. we are all gonna die someday just make sure your life insurance is paid up! A hardcore hunter as yourself the chances you are gonna spend your last day on earth out in the wilderness is an accepted fact of life... its what we call home.
"real dogs have beards"

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2015, 02:36:37 PM »
Oh to be 40 years younger and 27 again
Guess that means I'm old enough to be some of these folks granddaddy,, Glad I ain't slowing down to much
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2015, 02:46:10 PM »
Sounds like a blast, Lojax. It's hard to find someone you can trust for 10 days hunting out of a drive-in camp, never mind back country.  I hope you find the right partner.  :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline fillthefreezer

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • @adventure_sd
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2018, 10:09:26 AM »
is this position filled?  :dunno:

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2018, 10:27:11 AM »
 :yeah:
Sounds like a blast, Lojax. It's hard to find someone you can trust for 10 days hunting out of a drive-in camp, never mind back country.  I hope you find the right partner.  :tup:
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2018, 10:37:23 AM »
Lol I find this post funny. When I first started back country hunting the guy who took me was in his 50’s. In 30 plus years of hunting he never brought anyone new with him. Until he met me. As he put it, I New as soon as we first talked you had what it took mentally. He was an animal! I always shot the animals and he was a pack goat like you wouldn’t believe. 6 years later he no longer goes due to aches and pains and getting old. Now trying to find a new partner is tough. Finding someone with the right mindset is hard. Good luck filling your position! I would just recommend going by yourself it’s much easier!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:45:43 PM by teanawayslayer »
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline hirshey

• Sourdough
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2018, 02:42:28 PM »
Lol I find this post funny. When I first started back country hunting the guy who took me was in his 50’s. In 30 plus years of hunting he never brought anyone new with him. Until he met me. As he put it, I New as soon as we first talked you had what it took mentally. He was an animal! I always shot the animals and he was a pack goat like you wouldn’t believe. 6 years later he no longer goes due to aches and pains and getting old. Now trying to find a new partner is tough. Finding someone with the right mindset is hard. Good luck filling your position! I would just recommend going by yourself it’s much easier!
I agree! Finding people who want to hunt the same way you do, with the same values as you, AND who can keep it quiet where you are is challenging. I’ve had a few missteps along the way... lost a few hunting spots... but finding someone you can look to your left and high-five in those special moments is definitely worth the search in my humble opinion.
I am not opposed to golf, for I suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering deer.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal