collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2015 Lincoln Spring Bear  (Read 45203 times)

Offline Blcktaildreamer

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Hunter
Re: 2015 Lincoln Spring Bear
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2015, 12:49:56 PM »
Ya they always say they will open them early but I have seen some of the gates be a day late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Romulous

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2015, 08:52:58 PM »
Found this Poo today. probably coyote? I thought Kansas had a lot of coyotes. I sure see a lot of Poo on the ridges. maybe some are from cats? 

Offline 1000rrelkman

• Tracker
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2015, 06:52:53 PM »
I got this reply back from Weyer.

For this year you will not need an access pass for the spring bear hunt.  This will however, be the last year of 6 month permits as we are planning on going to full year permits starting  August 2015 that will run through July of the following year.  Next permit season 2015/2016 will require an access permit to hunt spring bear if WDFW still has the season.

As to access for the spring bear hunt.  The only ground that will be open will be the Bunker Cr. block, the Harp Road block, and that part of the Coyote crest C-line that is in the Lincoln unit.  The other areas within that GMU are leased year round so access is restricted to the lease holder.  Once again, we will open the access gates for the available ground about one week prior to the beginning of the hunt.

I see Bunker Creek on GPS Huntmap, but can't find Harp Road or Coyote Crest C-line.  Any help for access from Dryad or Doty would be appreciated.

Thanks
James

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2015, 06:54:53 PM »
Found this Poo today. probably coyote? I thought Kansas had a lot of coyotes. I sure see a lot of Poo on the ridges. maybe some are from cats? 

Yep, coyote

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2015, 07:10:56 PM »
Harp road is the north end of the Lincoln unit, off Brooklyn Road. Look just a few miles west of Oakville. The C line would be west and south of Harp Road. It's off Garrard Creek road. Be careful if you go in that way- you'll be in the Fall River GMU, not Lincoln. Although if you drive far enough you can get back into the Lincoln unit, but again, be careful because you'll likely be on DNR land and not Weyerhaeuser, at least at first. And I think you can only hunt Weyerhaeuser, correct? The C line is probably not the best way to get in to where you want to hunt.

Offline Blcktaildreamer

• Hunter
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2015, 07:33:26 PM »

Harp road is the north end of the Lincoln unit, off Brooklyn Road. Look just a few miles west of Oakville. The C line would be west and south of Harp Road. It's off Garrard Creek road. Be careful if you go in that way- you'll be in the Fall River GMU, not Lincoln. Although if you drive far enough you can get back into the Lincoln unit, but again, be careful because you'll likely be on DNR land and not Weyerhaeuser, at least at first. And I think you can only hunt Weyerhaeuser, correct? The C line is probably not the best way to get in to where you want to hunt.

Good directions but the coyote crest c-line is the border for the Lincoln unit. So one side of the road is open one side is not. 

Offline Blcktaildreamer

• Hunter
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2015, 07:35:44 PM »
Also it is Weyerhaeuser land as soon as you go through the gate on the c-line.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2015, 07:48:42 PM »

Good directions but the coyote crest c-line is the border for the Lincoln unit. So one side of the road is open one side is not. 

Yes, I guess you're right about the boundary, I looked on the GoHunt map. They must have changed that recently. The boundary used to be another road further to the southeast.

Offline Blcktaildreamer

• Hunter
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2015, 07:51:53 PM »
Ya at fist I thought you might have mixed up the c-line off garrard creek and the c-3000 off Lincoln creek. The c-3000 is state land until you get up to the very top.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2015, 08:04:56 PM »
That would be the L-3000, I do know that much. But yeah, good to know they moved the boundary to the C Line. Like you said, it'll be Lincoln on the left and Fall River on the right.

Offline 1000rrelkman

• Tracker
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2015, 08:21:25 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up for me.  We should be able to find our way in now.

Offline Torrent50

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2015, 08:52:50 PM »
I got the same response from Weyco earlier in the year but when I look at the map that the permit holders can access it shows all of the Weyco land in the Lincoln unit as shaded green which the legend says is open with no restrictions.  There is a large lease up near Bunker Creek, but according to that map everything else is open.  Basically east of the 7000 line out of Doty off Elk Creek Rd.

The map that Weyco provided last year with the permits shows a different boundary for the Lincoln unit though.  The whole C line and C-7000 area shows as being in Fall River on that map but in Lincoln on the one for the bear permits.  Gets pretty confusing.
"when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."  Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Blcktaildreamer

• Hunter
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2015, 06:40:56 PM »
Just looked at the new regs looks like this will be the last year of this tag

Offline jasonl84

• Tracker
  • Groups: hunting washington
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2015, 09:37:53 PM »
If I bring a buddy who doesn't have a spring bear tag (just for safety purposed) but he has a small game license can he hunt for those while I hunt for bear? This may be a stupid question. We are going to be together, we won't be separating during the hunt but we were wondering, like I said, since he doesn't have spring bear tag, would he be able to hunt other game in the lincoln unit?

Offline Romulous

• Hunter
2015 Lincoln Spring Bear
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2015, 09:44:01 PM »
I wouldn't want somebody shooting at small game if I were out trying to bear hunt.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal