collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 10a Idaho heart breaker  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
10a Idaho heart breaker
« on: October 10, 2015, 10:22:10 PM »
Bought a whitetail tag for the Idaho deer/elk rifle opener. My cousin and his brother decided to hunt near town for elk and I wanted to go deep past Headquarters where I like to whitetail hunt in November. I left the house at 0430 to get into my spot at first light. I'm coming down the hill at first shooting ligbt and a spike and two cows jump up off the road onto the bank and start making it up the hill. But my attention turned too the 6pt bull standing 50 yards in front of me. With no tag I was trying to get my camera out to take a picture of him as he slowly walked/trotted down the road but he bailed before I could. I had multiple shots even after he was off the road. I had three elk encounters and saw 14 elk. Not one deer though. It was my first experience seeing a legal animal without a tag in my hands. I talked with lots of hunter and no one else had even seen an elk including my cousin. I'm taking him back to the spot in the morning!

Offline Mark251

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 10a Idaho heart breaker
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 09:41:14 AM »
Cool experience!  Not the fact that you didn't have a tag but that you had the 6x6 just 50 yards away.  Next time.... 

Good luck with the rest of your hunt!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal