collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Spring Bear. License, tag, permit, and application. Can you say convoluted?  (Read 8235 times)

Offline 6.8mmARHunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA
Spring Bear. License, tag, permit, and application. Can you say convoluted?

Step 1. Buy Black Bear License with Discounted Small Game License. ($44.00)
Step 2. Request Black Bear Transport Tag (is this another purchase???)
Step 3. Go to web site and purchase Special Hunt Application (Black Bear). ($6.60 + $0.50 Dealer Fee (Directly from the WDFW Web Site, who is the dealer))
Step 4. With above Special Hunt Application Purchased, then Apply for Special Hunt (Black Bear), pick Spring Bear Units and hit submit.
Step 5. Wait several months, check back door, check front door... to see if you've been selected.
Step 6. Ask yourself and your acquaintances if you've or they've ever participated in anything even nearly as convoluted and/or screwed up as this before.
Step 7. Give up all hope and drive to 7-11 for a six-pac.

Offline RudyP

• Tracker
  • Groups: NRA NAGR
I just bought my application today. I think?? Wow! What a *censored* show. The kid at the counter had no idea what he was doing so I called the 24hr line. I have no idea if I was supposed to use points option or no points option? I didn't even know if I had points to begin with LOL I think I'll call WDFW tomorrow and talk to a person because I also bought multi season tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
How is this difficult? It's no different than purchasing licenses and applying for permits in other states.  :dunno:

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
I just bought my application today. I think?? Wow! What a *censored* show. The kid at the counter had no idea what he was doing so I called the 24hr line. I have no idea if I was supposed to use points option or no points option? I didn't even know if I had points to begin with LOL I think I'll call WDFW tomorrow and talk to a person because I also bought multi season tags.

If you do not want to apply for a permit and only want to accumulate points you select the points option. Otherwise just select the permits you want to apply for in order.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:40:45 AM by X-Force »
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
It can be pretty complicated, you probably should just skip it altogether

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer

If you do not want to apply for a permit and only want to accurate points you select the points option. Otherwise just select the permits you want to apply for in order.

What? Accurate? LOL

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer

Correction. You bought multi season applications.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook

? How do you know he didn't buy a spring bear application?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
    • facebook

Step 3. Go to web site and purchase Special Hunt Application (Black Bear). ($6.60 + $0.50 Dealer Fee (Directly from the WDFW Web Site, who is the dealer))
Step 4. With above Special Hunt Application Purchased, then Apply for Special Hunt (Black Bear), pick Spring Bear Units and hit submit.
Step 5. Wait several months, check back door, check front door... to see if you've been selected.
Step 6. Ask yourself and your acquaintances if you've or they've ever participated in anything even nearly as convoluted and/or screwed up as this before.
It's really not that convoluted. If you purchase it all online it is all in the same place. You buy your license, tag (tag is free) and special permit application all in one transaction with 5 mouse clicks.

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member

It's really not that convoluted. If you purchase it all online it is all in the same place. You buy your license, tag (tag is free) and special permit application all in one transaction with 5 mouse clicks.

:yeah: those people at the store don't go through special training when it comes to the selling of wdfw permits and licenses, at least that's how it seems.  Pretty easy on line, no one there to give you bad information except yourself.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Re: Spring Bear. License, tag, permit, and application. Can you say convoluted?
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 06:44:03 AM »

What he means is that it wasn't multi season TAGS that were purchased. It was the applications.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
    • facebook
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 06:46:34 AM »

What he means is that it wasn't multi season TAGS that were purchased. It was the applications.
I guess I should work on my reading comprehension... :chuckle:

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 07:16:14 AM »
How is this difficult? It's no different than purchasing licenses and applying for permits in other states.  :dunno:

:yeah:

And

It can be pretty complicated, you probably should just skip it altogether

:yeah:
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline ghosthunter

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 07:41:05 AM »
Yeah,

I dont do on line buying. But I dont go to Walmart or Dicks ect for my tags and permits.
In the Valley, Holiday Sports is the only place I go. They do thousands of them. And have a special little office just to help you through it. Never  a problem.
But you got to take lots of money. :chuckle:
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 07:44:04 AM »
There are lots of hunters (including right here on Hunt WA) who regularly confuse tags with permits. Throw in applications, multi season tags, three different application dates and it can be confusing. It is essentially the same in all states.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal