collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Gregoire's gov't reduction plan - F&W Commission Out?  (Read 12068 times)

Offline elkangel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: Gregoire's gov't reduction plan - F&W Commission Out?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 08:59:30 PM »
What about establishing a Wildlife Congress,  were we get one wildlife member for each of the 39 counties, they are appointed by the County Commissioners in each county for a 4 year term.  Then they meet twice a year, they elect the 9 member game commission from their membership, to a 4 year term.  This would allow better representation from the each county.  But, we still would have to determin how the director would be hired?  Appointed by the Governor, or by the new wildlife congress, commission? 

These are just some thoughts, to try and get more citizen involvement with the WDFW.

Offline colockumelk

• Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »
 :yeah:
That is an awsome idea.  That is the best idea I've heard in a long time.  That way we'd have representation without the hippies and anti groups getting in the way.  I think that would be an awsome idea. 
"We Sleep Safe In Our Beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would do us harm."
Author: George Orwell

Offline FrankDown

• Longhunter
  • Natural Renewable Resources
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 06:26:31 PM »
They arent going to want to pay all those people.

Offline elkangel

• Tracker
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 10:26:27 PM »
The wildlife congress would not be a paid position, it would be civic duty to serve.  The 9 member commission could be reimbursed just as the commission is today, or milage, hotel, food and office staff expense. 

By communicating with email and web sights the 39 members can keep in touch with little to no expense.

Unless you don't think we could find one person per county that would be willing to serve for free?

Offline Gobble Gobble

• Proud Daddy & Disabled Veteran
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
  • B.O.H.I.C.A.
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 08:01:45 AM »
I GOT DIBS ON BENTON COUNTY!!!!!!!!    :llam:
God Bless,
Scott

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 09:51:42 AM »
They arent going to want to pay all those people.

Total thread jack here  :chuckle: :chuckle: prepare for rant....OH and this is NOT directed to the above poster just to the statement  ;)

I've served on boards and never was it paid I did it because I gave a *censored* about what was going on....

Why the hell is it always about the damn money... what happened to this country that people no longer want to serve on boards and commissions etc because they CARE about this country.... ALL of the paid politicians should be working for the good of the country and working for the people... a big fat pay cut and freeze might change the way this game is played  >:( >:( I see no reason for these 100k+ paychecks.....plus all the perks.... give em 25,000 a year plus the cost of actual travel by normal modes.....  >:( >:( >:(  off to soak my head in a bucket of cold water

Offline Gobble Gobble

• Proud Daddy & Disabled Veteran
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
  • B.O.H.I.C.A.
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 06:28:30 PM »
I'd love to be on a committee that allowed me to have a voice (myself and my fellow outdoorsman) when it came to game management and how the land is used for hunting & fishing purposes. I'd do it for free but wouldn't say no it someone offered to pay my travel expenses.

A department of the people, by the people, for the people [insert American Flan icon]
God Bless,
Scott

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal