collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Stolen Kill  (Read 40490 times)

Offline Jimmy33

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
Re: Stolen Kill
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2016, 08:05:18 AM »
Inbelievable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
    from violent people you save me.

Offline Fullabull

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2016, 07:42:17 PM »
No Road, I'm 56 and my dad is 76. Would take a lot younger guys to get an elk out in such a short period of time. Takes me a long time to get and elk quartered and moved. But I have helped others pack out elk and I'm always willing to lend a hand. That's what real hunters do.

Offline The100Road

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
    • https://m.facebook.com/Rowdengamecalls/
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2016, 08:01:16 PM »
No Road, I'm 56 and my dad is 76. Would take a lot younger guys to get an elk out in such a short period of time. Takes me a long time to get and elk quartered and moved. But I have helped others pack out elk and I'm always willing to lend a hand. That's what real hunters do.
just being a smart*** :tup:

Offline GregE

• Scout
    • Sage Creek Forums
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2016, 10:53:56 PM »
CArry enough stuff with you to take care of your critter.  A knife, several lengths of para cord will get you started.  Add some marking ribbon to help you find your way back.  Maybe to a spot near the downed ELK but not right to it given the experiences shared here.

Definitely check out the gutless method, gets the meat up to cool and Clean..
Keep 'em Straight!!! (and quiet)

Greg

Offline LeviD1

• Scout
  • Groups: Evergreen Archery, Spokane Rifle Club, RMEF
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2016, 09:08:13 AM »
Always hunt with your pack elk hunting imo. Specially if your walking in someplace. Every time I have ever thought I may not need something I end up needing it. If you can afford it purchase a pack that is also a pack frame in one. Sorry to hear about your elk. I have yet to get one so I know how I would feel.

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2016, 05:37:26 PM »
Centrailia isnt all that big how many "Ray's" can there be?  :dunno: might be worth the 19.95$ for a people search?

And no may name isnt Ray as some think my screen name suggests  ;)

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2016, 05:39:02 PM »
Centrailia isnt all that big how many "Ray's" can there be?  :dunno:

Maybe the thief's name wasn't really Ray but a screen name he uses  ;)

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2016, 05:44:53 PM »
Centrailia isnt all that big how many "Ray's" can there be?  :dunno:

Maybe the thief's name wasn't really Ray but a screen name he uses  ;)

Yeah good point but I'd still give it a try, Its not that expensive to do a people search or you could just take the 19.95 and go hang out in one of the bars in town and prob get an ID on the guy before you know it!  :tup:
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline Allen23

• Tracker
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2016, 05:47:54 PM »
You spend enough time in the woods, you're gonna run into some strange things and people. I have heard all kinds of stories from people getting back to their tent after a long day of hunting only to find other campers helping themselves to everything and sleeping in it, all the way to stollen horses. It is unfortunate that there are people out there that think only of themselves. Hind sight is always 20/20 and if you don't learn something every time you go out and enjoy the outdoors, you're doing it wrong. And I have never heard of any old timer looking back on his hunting career and not having a couple hiccups in it. Chin up and use it to keep you hungry for next year!! Good luck.
In a world where it is so easy to attach your self to the negative side of things remember, What would Grandpa say?

Offline Piscatory_5

• Hunter
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2016, 12:24:16 AM »
Dad always told me "If you have to leave cut off the head and hide it". Maybe take the udder too. Dad did have a deer stole from him from the trunk of his car back in the day. He contacted the game warden and eventually go ta call to come identify it. He told them it had a silver dollar size white spot on one hip and the heart and liver were on a forked stick up in the chest cavity. they caught the guy at a check station, which was pretty common back then too...When I get one down I'm usually calling for help from someone and at least letting them know I have killed something. Hope you reported it.

Offline Torrent50

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2016, 07:51:39 PM »
Just a thought.  Stop by Lucky Shot in Chehalis (Centralia) and tell them about what happened.  Describe Ray to them.  Probably not a lot of people named Ray (if it is really his name) that shoot a recurve.  They are a pretty popular shop/range in that area and might know who the guy is. 
"when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."  Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Thefishguy77

• Tracker
Stolen Kill
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2016, 03:55:54 PM »
Never shot an elk myself but dad always used to cut an earoff or the tung with him. Also had a buddy that used to tear a dollar bill in half and stick one half deep in the cheek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal