collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: SNOW!!!!  (Read 13969 times)

Offline 50CalJim

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • 5th yr in a row I've drawn a Special Permit.
Re: SNOW!!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2007, 09:07:36 PM »
 To Saudog, I was also in that area on Sat & spent 7 hrs walking & glassing. Even though I did see a 2x3 it was pretty evident that deer sign was extremly scarce but I did find it interesting that coyotes were howing at 9:20am. ??? So I thought screw this & moved down to Poorman ck rd on Sun down low & hunted only about 3hrs before heading back home but saw quite a bit more sign plus 2 more 2x3's go figure. One thing that I noticed is that the Sage down low was a lot better than the Sage up high which pretty much looked dead to me so perhaps that's part of it. :dunno:

Offline saudog

• Hunter
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2007, 09:57:24 PM »
Yeah that pretty much adds up.  Nice to know i wasn't the only one farting around up there.  I saw a guy muzzleloading saturday morning off of buttermilk butte and then no one else all day until sunday afternoon.  Camped right off of the n.fk gold creek road and not a car drove by from sat. at 9pm through sunday 10am.  Thanks for hollering back at me.  See you around.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 06:19:41 AM »
The deer population is way down in the Valley.  I don't care what the biologists tell you, its about 1/4 compared to what it normally is.  The deer should be more robust, but definately harder to find.  It won't be a gangbuster year in the Methow this year.

Offline Bobm

• Tracker
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2007, 12:43:42 PM »
So,

Are we going to have snow or not and at what elevation?

Looks like I'll be going solo again as my partners have commitments plus the fact I don't think they like how I hunt.  Pack in and go high, of which I am.

:)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2007, 01:02:31 PM »
looks like i'll be hunting in mid 60's during the day and low 40's at night at 3500' in the blues
thats the standard weather forecast fro the last few years that i can remember. it'd sure be nice if the temps would come down a bit...but we do what we can...
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2007, 04:42:23 PM »
sounds like washington
"Right now, I am thinking that If my grandmother was here, she would be lecturing me about how there are poor people in Africa, that would just love to have a Ruger, I would just say "Great, granny, lets just ship all the Rugers to Africa!"

Loving life in the Great Northwest one day at a time.

It sounds like it's time to get a new gun.

Offline wrangler

• Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2007, 06:53:42 PM »
bob, looks like you better get high if you want to see some white stuff, even then it will be crunchy and 2 weeks old. doesn't look like a lot of precip is inbound for next week. the temps look to have bounced back to normal as well. i wouldn't expect much snow for any of us next week. i hunt between 5500 and 6k and it doesn't look any diffenrent than normal. low 30's and high 40's. looks fairly dry though! i can only pray the fog holds off..... it's gettin to be about that time! only 2 more days of work!!!

Offline Bobm

• Tracker
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2007, 07:18:30 PM »
Wrangler,

I'll be packing in, hope to get away from the crowds.   I have to believe the bigger ones are still high.  I'll also be between 5500 and 6000 for the location.  Amen on the fog.

I'll be heading up Thursday, make myself real small on top and spend Friday glassing.

Hopefully not much crunchy snow except to show some sign. 

Yep,  170 or Bust! 

Offline wrangler

• Longhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2007, 07:25:07 PM »
170 or bust, im right there with ya. good luck to you sir.

Offline Cougeyes

• Longhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2007, 07:31:09 PM »
Ahh yes, the beloved fog, I was hoping these cooler temps would stick around, but today was very warm, hopefully up high it stays somewhat respectable, last year was too warm.  6,000 ft too and was wishing i had shorts, dont want a repeat of that.  We only get the fog when there is precip falling or the ground is really wet other than that it stays clear.

Offline wrangler

• Longhunter
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2007, 07:55:31 PM »
yeah the fogs a bitch, so is the wind where i hunt. if we get any big fronts moving in from the west that clear the passes it gets nasty. although i got a few holes within hiking range so far down in the bottom no weather can get to em, it's a good option but god help me i decide to pull the trigger on one down there.... i may never get out!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal