collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Leupold Durability / Customer Service  (Read 2183 times)

Offline JL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, CCRKBA, RMEF
Leupold Durability / Customer Service
« on: April 26, 2018, 10:12:28 PM »
My brother managed to run over a VX2 scope late last year with his truck. I remember him telling me that it would have probably still functioned in a hunting scenario, but that he "messed" with it a bit, and "the guts kind of dropped out..." He sent it to Leupold w/ an honest description of what truly occurred.

Today, he received it back fully functional/repaired with a detailed description of the followup tests performed, to confirm its reliability. Name and signature of repair tech included. Cost? Not a dang cent.

He and I have always been lifelong strict Leupold loyalists, third generation. There's a fourth, but he is still picking up his first toy rifle and "hunting" the mounts on the wall! My nephew, Little "Bubba," will grab an old Nintendo Wii rifle (w/ Leupold optics of course) and his trusty PJ masks backpack or something, and definitely seems to spot more game in the distance, than I. Usually, these are some serious exotics too. We tag out together for sure.

Since the new year, I have purchased a new Leupold scope, range finder, and spotting scope. This is one of the reasons why I am sticking with them.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Re: Leupold Durability / Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 10:26:37 PM »
They are an outstanding company with a warranty second to none.  I have more leupold optics than any other brand. :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 12:27:03 AM »
I dropped my rifle in this creek when I fell in the mud walking out in the dark this year. Fell directly on the scope hard. Bent the tube and everything. Luckily i had my back up rifle. Sent the scope in, brand new one in return even after I wrote a letter saying exactly what happened and it was my fault. Amazing

Offline Badhabit

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 10:48:49 AM »
I can't remember how it happened but about 10 yrs ago I broke a VX2 in two at the threads for the eye relief. Sent it to them and they sent an either new one or repaired it at no charge. Best warranty and customer service around IMO.

Offline Hemlock

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 05:55:28 AM »
A few years ago I was shooting some "Hammer" loads in my Redhawk that had a Leopold 2x Silver mounted in Leopold rings and a Weaver mount. About the second cylinder full I noticed a V shaped hair on the lens of scope. It wouldn't wipe off. Yup, cracked an inner lens. I could still see the target so I kept shooting. About the third cylinder load I couldn't keep the hits on the target any more. The Weave mount was shearing in half and cutting the mounting screw off. A few more shots and it all would have fallen on the ground. I sent the scope to Beaverton and I had perfectly repaired scope back in 8 days. No charge. It's been nothing but Leopold for me from then on. I have 5 of them. It's the only problem I've ever had. Oh and I gave the mount to a machinist buddy. I now have a have heat treated titanium scope mount. Probably the most expensive one on a handgun!

Offline yakimanoob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 11:56:12 AM »
I just received my first pair of Leupold 10x42 BX-4s.  Hopefully I won't have to test their service, but it's a load off to know I can trust it just in case!

Offline Goshawk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 09:06:03 PM »
Sure wish they sold pickup trucks!
You'll never get a Big'un if you keep shooting Little'un's.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]