collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Info on Green Diamond Resource Company Recreation Area  (Read 1828 times)

Offline IslandStorm62

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Info on Green Diamond Resource Company Recreation Area
« on: June 30, 2018, 08:02:37 AM »
Hi All,
    I was wondering if anyone out here every hunt the Green Diamond Resource Companies Properties.  First of, I have only ever hunted public lands, and am not keen on having to pay for access to hunting areas.  That being said, I am very curious to know if the cost is worth the access.  My thought is that with the restricted access to their working forests, it could be worth it.  They only provide an access pass for one vehicle and the cost is $300.  You can pay for an additional vehicle or for ORV.

On a second note (probably should post this separately), anyone interested in partnering up for an annual pass; sharing the costs and hunting together.  The difficulty is that only one vehicle can have the sticker unless we pay for the extra vehicle. I live in the Lacey Area.

Offline Ireland Farms

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/IFLABS
    • Ireland Farms
Re: Info on Green Diamond Resource Company Recreation Area
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 09:25:34 AM »
I have a friend who has the pass. Didn’t have any luck last year. According to him, the pass is only good for immediate family, so partnering up wouldn’t work. My buddy said he can’t even take his dad out with his pass.

Offline SteelheadTed

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 07:53:36 AM »
I don't know about Green Diamond but Weyerhaeuser doesn't allow anyone but your immediate family (spouse, children) to accompany you.  If you want a buddy to hunt with you he'll have to buy his own vehicle pass, even if he is riding with you.  They enforce this pretty tightly, I've seen guys get booted for having buddies in their truck that didn't have a pass.  The only guy who did have a pass lost his privileges for violating the rules.

There is a fair amount of Green Diamond land that is open access because the roads that lead through go to state land as well.
I know I've lost it, let me know if you come across it

Offline dreamunelk

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 08:26:12 AM »
GD fee area is only a small portion of their property.  The rest is free.  The area is an excellent deer area.  Not so much for elk.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal