collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: NW Chapter Washington Waterfowl Association  (Read 35909 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: NW Chapter Washington Waterfowl Association
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2020, 05:58:57 PM »
Come visit us this weekend at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Everett. We'll be there from 10-4 Saturday and Sunday selling raffle tickets for a new Benelli SBE 3 in Realtree Max-5.
Tickets are $20 each. Only 250 tickets will be sold.

Saturday & Sunday at 10 AM – 4 PM

Sportsman's Warehouse 505 SE Everett mall way
Public · Hosted by Washington Waterfowl Association- Seattle Chapter and Washington Waterfowl Association
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2020, 08:35:26 PM »
https://washingtonwaterfowl.org/Store
Order your shirt today and help us celebrate 75 years of wetland conservation and hunter advocacy.
These shirts will be printed on a super soft tri-blend shirt.
Shirts must be ordered before Oct 31 and will deliver to your local chapter in November.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2020, 11:01:46 AM »
Youth Hunts Sept 26th Get the kids in the Blinds – signup now! On September 26th the WWA‐NW Chapter is sponsoring youth waterfowl hunts at locations in north Puget Sound. Our youth hunt coordinator Rick Skiba has secured hunt locations with private land owners.   We'll be running morning hunts, half hour before sunrise to noon and from 1 pm till sunset.  All youth will re-ceive a new Duck Call, Whistle and  lanyard. Reservations are required.  First come-first served.  Contact Rick  Skiba, reskiba @msn.com or(360) 387-2225 or Rick Billieu, rgbillieu@front‐ ier.com or  (360) 653-8571

I took my kid to this even the past 2 years and i can say the properties that Rick Skiba has lines up are some of the most phenomenal private gun clubs that most people will never set foot on.  I Joined WWA because i was so impressed with this outreach program. If you have a kid that wants to hunt, and you dont have a bunch of experience, gear, or locations this is a must sign up for event. I cannot speak highly enough of Skibas work on this each year!

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2020, 01:04:27 PM »
All of the Slots for the youth hunt have been filled. I can tell you that if you want to see more opportunities for kids (including your own) this is a great place to start.  Rick Skiba runs this and could provide more opportunities if he had more help. Locations, set up and mentors are  usually in short supply. I joined because they provided the opportunity to hunt at an exclusive duck club. I figured my $ and some time was the least I could do to give back since they provided my kid with an exceptional experience, and I wasnt even a member a the time. Im proud to be a member of the NW chapter and they have great leadership.

Confucius

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2020, 01:14:02 PM »
Yeah, Rick is a treasure for our youth.  I feel bad as I should have volunteered time and equipment, but I'll see if I can get in on the family hunt at the end of the year if they have that again.  The youth hunt can be a pretty incredible experience, one year we had a pit blind in a premium hunt club, well trained dog and dedicated caller for my son.  Can't beat that!

My son really liked going to the meetings and especially the banquet, looking forward to life returning to normal for that kind of stuff.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2020, 05:34:19 PM »
Chapter meeting and Trap shoot
The NW Chapter meeting will be held next Wednesday the 9th at the Twin City Sportsman Club.
The Club will be open at 6:00PM for Trap shooting. The Business portion of the Meeting is 7:00 pm.
Agenda:
Guest Speaker - Barry Brown from Whistling Wings Hunting Retriever Club.
http://www.whistlingwingshrc.com
Open discussion (Hunting/Business)
Farmed Island communications and discussion
Meeting notes from Board of Directors meeting
Chapter Calendar
Trap shoot one hour before and one hour after the business portion. First round is free. Additional rounds - TCSC members $4.00/non-members $5.00
Current Washington State Covid 19 personal protection methods will apply. As always non WWA members are welcome to attend our meetings.
End on meeting raffle.
The Twin City Sportsman Club is located at 26933 64th Avenue NW, Stanwood, WA
http://tcsportsmanclub.org/
Directions: Take the Stanwood/Camano exit from I-5 and drive West. Take a right on 64th, cross 268th, and the club entrance will be on your right. It is clearly marked with a large sign that reads, "Twin City Sportsmen Club."

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2020, 07:38:55 PM »
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 12:10:19 AM by Special T »

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2021, 02:06:17 PM »
The paint job

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2021, 04:05:24 PM »
They are trying to close down Drayton Harbor to duck hunting via no shooting ordance DNR land is in the harbor.

Hello All!
We need your voice!  The non-shooting zone proposals appear to be a very close vote with the Whatcom County Council.  At the last meeting the issue was tabled in order to see if the Blaine City Council (who is the main force behind the proposals) would accept a 1000ft buffer and abandon the non-shooting zone proposals.
If Blaine refuses to accept this compromise, we need to show our opposition through written public comment and particularly through comments in the live meeting.
I strongly encourage all members to make their voices heard by sending your feedback to the Whatcom County Council at council@co.whatcom.wa.us and to attend the virtual council meeting on Tuesday June 1st at 6pm.  Zoom meeting information can be found here.
Make sure to include agenda item numbers AB2021-185 and AB2021-186 in your feedback.
This is extremely important to preserve public hunting opportunity and the unique experiences that Drayton Harbor has to offer.
Best Regards,
James Ono
WWA Vice-President

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2021, 01:19:57 PM »
Looks like they put off a vote for 2 weeks

Confucius

Offline Chesterdog

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: Eagle Scout
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2021, 04:00:54 PM »
Thank you for the updates.  A loss of public hunting opportunity in any portion of the state effects us all.   Please continue to post on this.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2021, 02:46:23 PM »

Just a reminder!  Chapter meeting and Trap shoot Wednesday night.
The NW Chapter meeting will be Wednesday the 9th at the Twin City Sportsman Club.
The Club will be open at 6:00PM for Trap shooting. The Business portion of the Meeting is at 7:00 pm.
Agenda:

Welcome new members and guests

Open discussion (Hunting/WWA news & business)

Meeting notes from Board of Directors meeting

Samish Unit - Blind build and maintenance

Drayton Harbor No-shooting ordinance

WWA Communications/Social Media/Web Site

Fundraising/Membership Events

Chapter Calendar

End of Meeting Raffle

If you have an agenda topic, please let me know.

Trap shoot one hour before and one hour after the business portion.  First round is free. Additional rounds - TCSC  members $4.00/non-members $5.00
Current Washington State Covid 19 personal protection methods will apply.  As always non WWA members are welcome to attend our meetings.
The Twin City Sportsman Club is located at 26933 64th Avenue NW,   Stanwood, WA
http://tcsportsmanclub.org/
Directions: Take the Stanwood/Camano exit from I-5 and drive West. Take a right on 64th, cross 268th, and the club entrance will be on your right. It is clearly marked with a large sign that reads, "Twin City Sportsmen Club."

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2021, 08:06:04 AM »
This Saturday the 24th the NW Chapter is constructing 5 new Blinds.  It's all happening at the Samish Unit of the Skagit Wildlife Area.  

The blinds will be semi-permanent, 4 x 8, constructed with T-poles and welded wire metal fencing. Camoed with natural materials.  Two of the blinds will have raised floors.  All materials are provided by the WDFW.

Tools needed:  Gloves, T-Post Driver (if you have one), side cutters (Dykes).

We will met at the Samish Unit Parking Lot (see below) at 9:00 am .  If you have Questions? just reply to this email or call at 425-299-6704.

Rick

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2021, 05:46:28 PM »
 WWA is having a follow up work party to grass up the portable blinds and finish up the new ones built. AUG 7TH 9AM Bring gloves side cutters and gas powered hedge trimmers for cutting grass if you have one.

Help with the easy work and learn where the blinds are at.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2021, 10:38:11 PM »
On September 25th our chapter is sponsoring a Youth hunt for kids 15 years old or younger. Our Hunt Coordinator Rick Skiba has secured some great private lands that most people will never hunt. New hunters will receive a new duck call, whistle and lanyard. Reservations are on a first come first served basis. Contact Rick at reskiba@MSN.com 360 387 2225, or Rick Billieu at rgbillieu@frontier.com 360 653 8571

Big Thanks to the Blue chip, Edison, and Swinomish Gun Clubs for accommodating the youth for this event.

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by BigVinn
[Today at 10:21:19 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Today at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Today at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Today at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter