collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Gritty Spring Bear Hunt  (Read 9687 times)

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
Re: Gritty Spring Bear Hunt
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2019, 10:56:06 AM »
So, you're telling me he paid full price for that bag?  Doubt it.  But honestly it doesn't really matter.
It's just annoying seeing him throw the first big company that brought him into the spotlight under the bus.

Who in the industry pays full price for anything? Theres always a bro deal.

There is a big difference between being sponsored and getting stuff at a reduced price to demo the product. :twocents:
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline 92xj

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2019, 10:57:15 AM »
So, you're telling me he paid full price for that bag?  Doubt it.  But honestly it doesn't really matter.
It's just annoying seeing him throw the first big company that brought him into the spotlight under the bus.

Who in the industry pays full price for anything? Theres always a bro deal.

There is a big difference between being sponsored and getting stuff at a reduced price to demo the product. :twocents:

Fair enough
"If you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane."

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2019, 10:57:58 AM »
Watched 2 today at lunch was surprised to see Brian running a stone glacier pack.

Why would you be surprised?
He's thrown aron under the bus, got called out, got his feelers hurt and is most likely now getting paid to run a pack.
I wish there was a way to watch his video without him in it or on his channel. Lampers is legit, Call, not so much.

When and how did this happen? Aron always defended BC in the past. What went down?

He compared Snyder's accidentally taking a squirrel (or something like that) out of season to Adam Greentree taking an animal in a National Park.  Gritty was trying to defend Greentree's actions and in that defense publicized on his podcast how it was pretty much the same thing as Aron Snyder taking a squirrel out of season.

Thats the gist of it, I could be off but that's what I understood the issue to be. 

Offline jefflusk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2019, 10:59:50 AM »
Watched 2 today at lunch was surprised to see Brian running a stone glacier pack.

He's thrown aron under the bus, got called out, got his feelers hurt and is most likely now getting paid to run a pack.
I wish there was a way to watch his video without him in it or on his channel. Lampers is legit, Call, not so much.

He didn’t get paid by them. Just trying out new gear. He also voiced he wants to try out an exo this year.

Your bear was a stud, congrats!  :tup:

No, but he wasn’t being paid. There’s a lot more to the other company story. More than you or I should care about. That’s between those two though. They both helped each other out, not just one sided. All that should matter is if people like the content Brian produces, not what company he’s doing work for.

Thanks on the bear! I feel pretty lucky! Lots of hard work the year before from Lampers and I that paid off in a way neither of us could have expected.

Offline 92xj

• Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2019, 11:14:26 AM »

He didn’t get paid by them. Just trying out new gear. He also voiced he wants to try out an exo this year.

No, but he wasn’t being paid. There’s a lot more to the other company story. More than you or I should care about. That’s between those two though. They both helped each other out, not just one sided. All that should matter is if people like the content Brian produces, not what company he’s doing work for.

Thanks on the bear! I feel pretty lucky! Lots of hard work the year before from Lampers and I that paid off in a way neither of us could have expected.

I agree, there is a lot more to the story with Kifaru.  But unfortunately for Brian it's a lot more than just his content produced, his business is based 100% on what the population thinks of him, his content and everything else he post on the internet in addition to his videos and podcast. Of course there isn't a single person in the world that doesn't have haters or folks that dislike them, but when your income and livelihood depend on it, you should be a little more respectful in public to people who have helped you.  Take Dudley for example.  He cut ties with UA in the most respectful way anyone in the industry has cut ties before.  He did it publically and still to this day mentions UA in post about how appreciative he was with everything they did for him in the beginning.  Brian could learn a thing or two by shutting his mouth and looking at the direction of others in the industry, some going way up and others going way down.  He doesn't have a product to fall back on to keep the income flow coming in. 

You could tell there was plenty of hard work put in by you and Lampers prehunt. 

I'm a nobody. I'm nowhere near being in the industry or wanting to be or going to be.  I am just a little peon that buys hunting gear and supports companies based off of customer service and what they represent as a company and as a human beings.  Clearly I will not affect anyone's income or business, but I do feel that folks in the industry should care what the peons might be thinking.

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2019, 11:25:39 AM »
The Onx map overlay on the video is not the same as the area they hunted.
100% on the contrary sir.
As for the time it was <3min for the first map and <30sec for the second...we work in da area. Warning email was sent, the second message just had coordinates :) It would probably help if'n I had instabook, oh well.
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

Offline jefflusk

• Pilgrim
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2019, 11:49:17 AM »
As for the time it was <3min for the first map and <30sec for the second...we work in da area. Warning email was sent, the second message just had coordinates :) It would probably help if'n I had instabook, oh well.

Which video was it? Asking for a friend

Offline jefflusk

• Pilgrim
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2019, 11:51:31 AM »

I agree, there is a lot more to the story with Kifaru.  But unfortunately for Brian it's a lot more than just his content produced, his business is based 100% on what the population thinks of him, his content and everything else he post on the internet in addition to his videos and podcast. Of course there isn't a single person in the world that doesn't have haters or folks that dislike them, but when your income and livelihood depend on it, you should be a little more respectful in public to people who have helped you.  Take Dudley for example.  He cut ties with UA in the most respectful way anyone in the industry has cut ties before.  He did it publically and still to this day mentions UA in post about how appreciative he was with everything they did for him in the beginning.  Brian could learn a thing or two by shutting his mouth and looking at the direction of others in the industry, some going way up and others going way down.  He doesn't have a product to fall back on to keep the income flow coming in. 

You could tell there was plenty of hard work put in by you and Lampers prehunt. 

I'm a nobody. I'm nowhere near being in the industry or wanting to be or going to be.  I am just a little peon that buys hunting gear and supports companies based off of customer service and what they represent as a company and as a human beings.  Clearly I will not affect anyone's income or business, but I do feel that folks in the industry should care what the peons might be thinking.

Personally, everyone’s opinion matters. May not always agree with it, but we should all have respect for each other. Well said

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Old Salt
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2019, 11:55:07 AM »

:chuckle: :chuckle:

E2 @ 18:58 and E3 @ 9:18

Offline jefflusk

• Pilgrim
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2019, 12:04:14 PM »

Thought so. 🤗
I’d love to hear where the original poster thinks this is at.. not sure how anyone could figure it out from that screen..

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Old Salt
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2019, 12:05:44 PM »

Im not a betting man but I'd double down on my hand  :chuckle:

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2019, 12:21:34 PM »
Jeff my man, life is too short to try and combat all the negative on the internet. It will consume you bro. You have a great little world with your family, friends, and pups. You'll end up letting this stuff bleed over into that. I haven't watched any of the episodes because bears dont have mule deer antlers but it sounds like you guys had a great hunt and I congratulate you on that. Your bear is a beast (even though it's a non mule deer :chuckle:). Keep doing you and ignore the rest. Doesn't matter what you say, people will believe what they believe :twocents:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline 92xj

• Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2019, 12:48:15 PM »
Jeff my man, life is too short to try and combat all the negative on the internet. It will consume you bro. You have a great little world with your family, friends, and pups. You'll end up letting this stuff bleed over into that. I haven't watched any of the episodes because bears dont have mule deer antlers but it sounds like you guys had a great hunt and I congratulate you on that. Your bear is a beast (even though it's a non mule deer :chuckle:). Keep doing you and ignore the rest. Doesn't matter what you say, people will believe what they believe :twocents:

I was in no way saying anything negative towards Lusk or arguing with him.  If it came across that way, I apologize to all that took it like that and to Jeff. Not my intention. 

Offline Johnny Doe

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2019, 12:49:51 PM »

Thought so. 🤗
I’d love to hear where the original poster thinks this is at.. not sure how anyone could figure it out from that screen..

Jeff, I/We thought it would be of interest to remove that content so that all your hard work with Lampers to find that spot wasn't tossed away.  Myself and Mr Mykiss have some knowledge of that area so that helps for sure.  I do believe you will receive a PM soon on those coordinates...  And don't worry I wasn't touting the fact that we were going in there (doesn't mean others will have the same respect).  Hats off to you guys for putting in that kind of work in some brutal country!
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again!

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2019, 01:04:19 PM »

I was in no way saying anything negative towards Lusk or arguing with him.  If it came across that way, I apologize to all that took it like that and to Jeff. Not my intention.
  :tup: I wasn't trying to "call anyone out". It was more just some friendly advice to Jeff since he felt the need to come on here and defend the vids and I've never seen him on here previously. 
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal