collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Kuiu Pro - Suspension Sizing Question  (Read 1830 times)

Offline CavemantheHunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Kuiu Pro - Suspension Sizing Question
« on: August 10, 2019, 05:01:55 PM »
So I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a Kuiu Pro pack setup and want to make sure I size the suspension correctly. My jean size is 33 (and they're a tad loose), my suit pant size is 35" (they fit a tad tight), and my actual measured waist size is 36 @ pant line and 37 @ belly button. The sizing breakdown is S/M (<34") and L/XL (>34"). By actual measurement, I should be a L/XL. From everyone's experience, is there enough play in the L/XL for me to be able to cinch it up tight enough and is this the right size?

Offline Jellymon

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
Re: Kuiu Pro - Suspension Sizing Question
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 05:09:31 PM »
I have a 34 waist and am 5’ 10” 190lbs and the L/XL is perfect. I have plenty of belt available when cinched up tight. Plus you’ll want a little more room available for being worn over jackets, etc. Kuiu sizing is a touch on the small side.

Offline CavemantheHunter

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 05:17:26 PM »
I have a 34 waist and am 5’ 10” 190lbs and the L/XL is perfect. I have plenty of belt available when cinched up tight. Plus you’ll want a little more room available for being worn over jackets, etc. Kuiu sizing is a touch on the small side.
Thanks, Jellymon. I’m 5’9 and 183 so seems the large might be right for me as well. What size jeans do you normally wear?

Offline MHWASH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 06:34:53 PM »
I have a Icon Pro l/xl. I find it just about too big. I’m 5’8”, 175. Wear a 34 pant that is too loose, 33 are just right. My pack belt has about 13” of extra belt on both sides. Meaning after I tighten the belt there is over 12” of belt flopping around on both sides.
I’d recommend the s/m, or just call Kuiu, they’ll set you straight.

If anyone wants to trade a small for a large, let me know.

Offline CavemantheHunter

• Scout
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 06:47:07 PM »
I have a Icon Pro l/xl. I find it just about too big. I’m 5’8”, 175. Wear a 34 pant that is too loose, 33 are just right. My pack belt has about 13” of extra belt on both sides. Meaning after I tighten the belt there is over 12” of belt flopping around on both sides.
I’d recommend the s/m, or just call Kuiu, they’ll set you straight.

If anyone wants to trade a small for a large, let me know.

I spoke with their customer service this morning and she wasn't super helpful. Just referred me to their size guide, which states I should be a L/XL. I've got a buddy who wears the same size jeans and he uses a S/M and says I should go with it, but based on their size guide, if it's true measured inches and not jeans size, I should be a L/XL. It also looks like the Pro Suspension L/XL is 34" and up and the Icon Pro is 36" and up, so I'm not sure if the newer Pro has a little more play for the smaller waist. Curious if anyone knows how big the S/M stretches out to?

Offline Crunchy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 12:59:22 PM »
I have a 34-35ish waist and L/XL is the size that fits me best.

Offline CavemantheHunter

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 01:16:19 PM »
Thanks everyone!

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal