collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Spring Bear Season  (Read 1818 times)

Offline chad24n

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Spring Bear Season
« on: August 24, 2019, 11:47:49 AM »
Just throwing this out there, hopefully to generate more discussion. Why is there not an OTC Spring Bear season in Washington? Populations are sky high last couple of years. I am a butcher and we have checked in more bear this year than I can ever remember... plus, judging by the crazy number of bear on my cameras, the population has got to be as healthy as it ever has been.

Offline The scout

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
Re: Spring Bear Season
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 12:26:47 PM »
I really don’t know the reasoning behind no otc season. But I can almost guarantee that it has to do with money not game. Easy money getting all those spring bear apps.

Online elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 01:52:46 PM »
I really don’t know the reasoning behind no otc season. But I can almost guarantee that it has to do with money not game. Easy money getting all those spring bear apps.
[/quote

:yeah:
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 05:28:26 PM »
If you havent already, you should be asking wdfw this question.  And do so as soon as possible.  Spring bear proposal is coming on or before september 4th (supposedly.)

Commission@dfw.wa.gov
Wildthing@dfw.wa.gov
Director@dfw.wa.gov

Online pashok23

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 10:14:26 PM »
Pretty sure they would make more money on tags then apps.

Offline The scout

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 08:27:22 AM »
Pretty sure they would make more money on tags then apps

I think most people are already buying bear tags to apply for spring bear, or just for the fall season. At least everyone I know is already getting one , which makes the spring bear apps the only thing that’s extra.

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 09:19:08 AM »
Pretty sure they would make more money on tags then apps

I think most people are already buying bear tags to apply for spring bear, or just for the fall season. At least everyone I know is already getting one , which makes the spring bear apps the only thing that’s extra.

A lot of guys likely only buy one tag in the fall.  If spring was otc, i could see those guys buying a spring tag, and even if they fill it, buying a second tag in the fall to at least carry with them deer or elk hunting, even if they dont actively target bear in the fall

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal