collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 4X4 question  (Read 8502 times)

Offline dreadi

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
    • http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
    • Black Hammer Arms
Re: 4X4 question
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2019, 02:14:35 PM »
Where have you been looking for trucks Stein?

Anywhere within an hour of Arlington.  I need a 6.5' bed, low mileage crew cab and not half rusted out already.  90+% of the trucks are from Canada and every one I've looked at has incredible rust.  80-90% of all of them have the 5.5' bed, so the numbers aren't in my favor.

I had a very similar experience when I  was truck shopping F-150's a couple years ago. I recommend getting all the 4x4 options you'd like to have and wait for one that does.  I did and am glad I did.  I also got the 36 gallon tank option which I do like even more so for the days that I'm in 4H most of the day and periodically have to give it more gas to get keep moving through an obstacle that just sucks up gas.

Side note: I have a 2013 F-150 Ecoboost. I get about 16mpg from Ellensburg to Tacoma.  My friend has a new 2019 F-250 diesel and gets about 22mpg from Ellensburg to McCleary. He's the faster driver.

Is there a way to tell which ones have the 36 gallon?

Yes, it was a quoted option on the F-150 during that time frame.  Looking up by the VIN should help.  I don't know if that is still an available option for that line.
BLACK HAMMER ARMS
Buy A Suppressor http://www.silencershop.com/blackhammerarms
1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2019, 05:13:52 PM »
That driveline is normal

:yeah:

Bought my truck in 2004 with 4 miles on it, that’s what they look like here in wa as the road departments use salt here too.😉
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2019, 05:17:20 PM »
Where have you been looking for trucks Stein?

Anywhere within an hour of Arlington.  I need a 6.5' bed, low mileage crew cab and not half rusted out already.  90+% of the trucks are from Canada and every one I've looked at has incredible rust.  80-90% of all of them have the 5.5' bed, so the numbers aren't in my favor.

I had a very similar experience when I  was truck shopping F-150's a couple years ago. I recommend getting all the 4x4 options you'd like to have and wait for one that does.  I did and am glad I did.  I also got the 36 gallon tank option which I do like even more so for the days that I'm in 4H most of the day and periodically have to give it more gas to get keep moving through an obstacle that just sucks up gas.

Side note: I have a 2013 F-150 Ecoboost. I get about 16mpg from Ellensburg to Tacoma.  My friend has a new 2019 F-250 diesel and gets about 22mpg from Ellensburg to McCleary. He's the faster driver.

Is there a way to tell which ones have the 36 gallon?

Yes, it was a quoted option on the F-150 during that time frame.  Looking up by the VIN should help.  I don't know if that is still an available option for that line.

I can tell you guys whatever you want to know about the specifics of a Ford truck if you have the VIN and if I'm at work.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2019, 06:29:24 PM »
Can ya check Dodge too?
MAGA!  Again..

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2019, 09:58:25 PM »
Can ya check Dodge too?

I could probably pull some strings but I work for Ford so I’d have to make a call. I could probably make it happen.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline smdave

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
    • My Photobooth
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2019, 11:24:30 PM »
When I pass, do not let my wife sell the guns for what I told her they cost.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
4X4 question
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2019, 08:53:16 AM »
The VIN search engines I used seemed to not be very reliable on some of the options.

If you can get the original sticker, that is good and complete info but has to be done by a dealer as mentioned above.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:05:26 AM by Stein »

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2019, 12:33:25 PM »
I sure been happy with my little Colorado cruising around in the snow looking for lions.  Average snow been 6-8 inches with a base and it just keeps going and going even in the heavy wet stuff, just floats on top.  Tight turning radius and rear locker I can turn around about anywhere.   I turn the wheel tightly and back into the bank then the front slides back around and I'm pointing the way I just came.  I had it in over a foot of snow earlier this year plowing it and it kept going right over the top.   

It's super quiet, I drive right up on game before they hear me coming.   My dogs don't even know I'm home until I'm 40-50 yards from the house,  I see them playing in the yard then I get close and they perk up and know I'm home.

I do wish I had a front locker too though,  I don't know how many times I heard my rear locker engaging  "clunk clunk" but I know it was a lot.   I'd have been screwed without it. 

My next truck is going to have lockers front and back and have a true 6 foot bed with a canopy,  I want to sleep in it occasionally and lock my gear in the back.   I want a truck bed box with pull out drawers with carpeted top (removable carpet) so I can put dogs n there too, but easy to pull everything out and clean it. 

and I want the ability to run chains, so I might need a lift and offset wheels for clearance.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 12:38:54 PM by KFhunter »

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2019, 12:50:40 PM »
I sure been happy with my little Colorado cruising around in the snow looking for lions.  Average snow been 6-8 inches with a base and it just keeps going and going even in the heavy wet stuff, just floats on top.  Tight turning radius and rear locker I can turn around about anywhere.   I turn the wheel tightly and back into the bank then the front slides back around and I'm pointing the way I just came.  I had it in over a foot of snow earlier this year plowing it and it kept going right over the top.   

It's super quiet, I drive right up on game before they hear me coming.   My dogs don't even know I'm home until I'm 40-50 yards from the house,  I see them playing in the yard then I get close and they perk up and know I'm home.

I do wish I had a front locker too though,  I don't know how many times I heard my rear locker engaging  "clunk clunk" but I know it was a lot.   I'd have been screwed without it. 

My next truck is going to have lockers front and back and have a true 6 foot bed with a canopy,  I want to sleep in it occasionally and lock my gear in the back.   I want a truck bed box with pull out drawers with carpeted top (removable carpet) so I can put dogs n there too, but easy to pull everything out and clean it. 

and I want the ability to run chains, so I might need a lift and offset wheels for clearance.

http://truckbossdecks.com/about-us/
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline JWBINX

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • Groups: LIFE NRA, RMEF
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2020, 12:01:49 PM »
2 wheel drive to get you in, and 4 wheel drive to get you out.
Works everytime.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by BigVinn
[Today at 10:21:19 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Today at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Today at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Today at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter