collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Boise, ID Fur Sale  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Boise, ID Fur Sale
« on: January 21, 2020, 08:52:01 AM »
Just a small sample from the Fur Sale this past weekend.  When I get the better numbers, I'll post them here,

Top coyote was bought by American for $267 I believe. Over 2,200 coyotes, Ryan bought 1,700 of them or so. A lot of people averaged $140 s or $150 s for theirs. Cat market is tough. Top cat was bought by Wyoming Fur Trader for mid $800’s, but a ton of no sales cats.
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline Trapper John

• Sourdough
  • Groups: Life member of: WSTA, NTA, ITA, NRA also member of FTA, F4WM
Re: Boise, ID Fur Sale
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 11:03:45 AM »

That was a great sale.
Yep, Washington state has lost sooooooooooo much money both trappers and the state.

WSTA need to get the foot-hold trap back for K9's trapping.

Bruce, you got your Koro trap thru now lets go and get the foot-hold back for us coyote trappers.
It's not about Western Washington vs Eastern Washington.  Guys over here want to trap coyotes just as bad as the guys in Eastern Washington.
Eastern Washington is where the cattle, sheep Ranches are that need the trapper to managed the coyote and other predators.

So let make it a point to work on a bill this year to get the foot-hold back and just maybe the trappers and the "State" can have some more money in there pockets.
This is a subject that should be brought up at the "Spring Business Meeting" ............... motion made !
Just my two cent
JC   :twocents:

Offline Fishhunt223

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 06:07:29 PM »

That was a great sale.
Yep, Washington state has lost sooooooooooo much money both trappers and the state.

WSTA need to get the foot-hold trap back for K9's trapping.

Bruce, you got your Koro trap thru now lets go and get the foot-hold back for us coyote trappers.
It's not about Western Washington vs Eastern Washington.  Guys over here want to trap coyotes just as bad as the guys in Eastern Washington.
Eastern Washington is where the cattle, sheep Ranches are that need the trapper to managed the coyote and other predators.

So let make it a point to work on a bill this year to get the foot-hold back and just maybe the trappers and the "State" can have some more money in there pockets.
This is a subject that should be brought up at the "Spring Business Meeting" ............... motion made !
Just my two cent
JC   :twocents:

I’d like to see us pursue the use of body gripping traps on private land at a minimum. I believe the avenue for this is piggybacking on the legalization of mole and gopher traps. As the law currently reads, mole traps are illegal, although it is rarely enforced. If we push to make those legal on private land, along with all body gripping traps, it opens a huge window of opportunity for fur harvesters in the state. It would also reduce the burden on the state to run the nuisance trapping permit program.

Offline Norman89

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Proud holder of 110 Zardos points!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 06:49:53 AM »
As much as I would love to see footholds back I think the best possible scenario for coyote trapping I would love to see us allowed the use of non strangling cable restraints. Iv done a ton of research into them this year just because snaring has always interested me a lot and I cannot see a possible downside to them even in our state where snowflakes and liberals.....   If set correctly they can be very target orientated, meaning the right height and size loop it would be hard to catch anything BUT a k9. Non strangling, non killing, deer stops, they tow the line of everything we need to appease those who voted out our footholds years ago. Not to mention if we fought to get these it would be a baby step in the right direction to getting traditional traps back  :twocents:

Offline Trapper John

• Sourdough
  • Groups: Life member of: WSTA, NTA, ITA, NRA also member of FTA, F4WM
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 11:29:59 AM »

Norman98 and others, go to the Members Only page.
If you haven't signed up ....... sign up

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 05:34:44 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter