collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cell phone service in NE WA  (Read 3441 times)

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
Re: Cell phone service in NE WA
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2020, 11:24:50 AM »
I've also found if you're to close to Canada your phone grabs a cell tower on the other side of the border and you get charged international charges.  Don't ask me how I know, still a sore subject with the wife. :dunno:

This happened to me also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline baldopepper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 12:16:11 PM »
As others have said, cell service really varies in the NE. We' ve had both AT&T and Verizon with varied results. One will often pickup where the other doesn't and often both either work or both don't work. We currently use Verizon because we use our phones Hot Spots for internet access and Verizon seems to work better than AT&T.  Actually found using the phone hot spots to be better than the satalite providers. Got to get the right Mobil plan so your bandwidth doesn't slow down after heavy usage though. Runs our TV and computers just fine.

Offline birddogdad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: LMAC, NRA
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2020, 08:21:11 AM »
other option would be to look into a garmin inreach. not sure if you could get away with just texts. no phone calls but help available via text 24/7. for mapping can download to cell prior to trip either ONX or Basemap programs.. working off line is great. The cell keypad can be used to text on the inreach vs using the tiny unit. Inreach is a turn on / off  monthly fee that for season to me is pretty cost effective.. nothing worse that out of cell range and major issues either health or vehicle!
USN retired
1981-2011

Offline bornhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2020, 08:33:11 AM »
US Cellular. The guys I hunt with have AT&T and Verizon. They use my phone when they want to call home.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal