collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 1999 Jeep Cherokee HVAC system issues  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Wanttohuntmore

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
1999 Jeep Cherokee HVAC system issues
« on: February 21, 2020, 09:15:54 PM »
My jeep has a few issues that I need to fix. The ac compressor freezes up over time when running the defrost,  then starts blowing cold air.   The blend door doesn't work well so turning on the defrost doesn't fully direct the air to the window.   On top of that,  I believe it might have a crack in the heater core since I can faintly smell anti freeze when I first start it up when it's cold out.   It's not using much coolant which is why i suspect a crack.   Any one know of any good mechanics in the south sound,  puyallup area?  Planning on keeping this nice hunting rig for awhile.   Also,  any idea on what cost to expect?  Thx!

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: 1999 Jeep Cherokee HVAC system issues
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 09:17:33 PM »
Jeepforum.com everthing dyi you can ask for. 2c

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Wanttohuntmore

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 09:21:12 PM »
Yeah.   Been reading on this for some time but don't have the time to tackle this.   If only they made it like the old cable driven heaters,  it'd be easier!

Offline Sutherland

• Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 09:29:09 PM »
If you can gain access into the heater core then it would be worth doing your self if you have the time and a few of the required tools. I had an older Honda del sole which required removing the whole entire dash and was a big pain. However I've done others where they are easy to get to. However I'm not familiar with Jeep's, but when it comes to HVAC-R that is my specialty. Pm me if you need any assistance or have any other questions, I will gladly help.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal