collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: North Central Washington Mule Deer Foundation revitalization  (Read 7771 times)

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Frontiersman
North Central Washington Mule Deer Foundation revitalization
« on: February 26, 2020, 10:41:41 PM »
Good evening all!
I am the new chapter chairman for the North Central Washington MDF chapter.  We are working hard to have a banquet later this spring/early summer in the Wenatchee Valley.  We are also looking to hold a "beers for deers" event this spring.  If anyone is interested in helping out we would appreciate any help we can get.  "help" comes in many ways - you can volunteer for the committee, help with donation gathering or just help by attending the events when they are set!

Please contact me if you would like to participate or help with donation gathering.
Thank you in advance!
RIP Colockumelk   :salute:

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

Genesis 27:3
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
Re: North Central Washington Mule Deer Foundation revitalization
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 12:44:57 PM »
Well, COVID sure screwed that up.  trying to get the new chapter going with COVID was a bust....

BUT, now we are moving forward again!  We currently have a venue nailed down for April 30th, 2022 and will be having the first MDF banquet in the Wenatchee Valley since 2017.  If anyone would like to be a part of the committee or help with donation gathering please let me know!

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 02:55:21 PM »
Best of luck in your quest to bring the MDF back to the Wenatchee valley.  :tup:  There's a North Central chapter already up here in Omak, so are you sure yours will be the north central chapter?

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 04:50:02 PM »
Best of luck in your quest to bring the MDF back to the Wenatchee valley.  :tup:  There's a North Central chapter already up here in Omak, so are you sure yours will be the north central chapter?

Edited....
The Wenatchee chapter is the NCW chapter, Omak/Okanogan is the Okanogan Trails Chapter.  That is according to the MDF website
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 05:30:58 PM by bearhunter99 »

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2022, 06:20:55 PM »
Where is the banquet?
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline Sutherland

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2022, 06:38:17 PM »
Sounds like fun, I'd Luke to help out and support.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2022, 06:40:35 PM »
Shoot me the details and I'll make the trip across the hump to support the foundation and you for getting it going.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2022, 07:16:24 PM »
Cautiously optimistic here. You're a good fella bear hunter and I'll support good people whenever I can but the MDF has a lot of ground to make up with a lot of folks.  Some new blood and some better follow through could be the fan to the flame of the MDF here in Central WA.  See you on the 30th  :hello:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2022, 11:17:14 PM »
The banquet will be at the Chelan County Fairgrounds on the 30th.  As soon as the event is live on the MDF website I’ll post a link.   Anyone who wants to help can PM me and we can discuss. 

Karl,
We have been with MDF (mostly in the Skagit chapter when we lived over there) for quite a while.  We (like a lot of folks) got turned off a little with some of what was happening back then in NCW.  Hopefully we can make some changes.  They have been doing some pretty great things in the Central WA chapter in Ellensburg recently (their banquet is this coming weekend) and there is some new management at MDF. We have a new regional director and I really like his message.   MDF has been working on making sure the majority of the funds stay in state as well. 

Anyone can PM me as well if you have questions about MDF and their projects. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2022, 06:00:22 AM »
Would be nice to see some the projects that have occurred and some of the future ones so people can participate.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2022, 10:20:47 PM »
Still looking for a few volunteers for the banquet on April 30th. There are many ways to help with the banquet:
Committee members- we will be meeting every other week to discuss donations and banquet day responsibilities. 
Banquet day volunteers - helping with table and chair takedown and general cleaning after the banquet. 
Donation volunteer - can be as simple as asking your employer or other companies you work with if they would be willing to donate. Any donation is greatly appreciated, gift certificates in any amount or cash donations in any amount.  Businesses can also underwrite auction items or firearms and will get recognition in the banquet program and will be acknowledged at the banquet. 

Please message me if you can help with anything. 

Below is a graphic.  This is from the last time we had banquets pre COVID.  I am working on getting a more updated version but with no banquets the last couple of years funding was waaay down. 

If anyone has items to donate but doesn't want to get involved I wouldn't turn anything down either... :chuckle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2022, 07:35:49 PM »
A couple of members have reached out to help on banquet day.  Still need a few more to help on April 30th.

Still looking for a few people willing to help on the committee and especially for gathering donations.

PM me for details!

Thanks everyone!

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2022, 02:43:51 PM »
Still looking for a few good men or women to help out! 

We are still accepting donations as well too  :chuckle:

We still have tickets available.  Let me know if you are interested in a ticket form.  The online ticket sales should be on the MDF site (www.muledeer.org) shortly

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2022, 08:50:50 PM »
Online tickets are available on the website for purchase:

https://muledeer.org/event/cashmere-wa-n-central-washington-chapter-banquet/
Sponsor tickets come with a plaque and for every 5 sponsors we will do a drawing for a gun.
The foundation table comes with the pick of a gun or other items from the Trophy Gun board.

We are still looking for committee members, banquet help and donors/sponsorships as well!

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2022, 04:00:29 PM »
Tickets are still available!

We will be giving away 15 guns (possibly more depending on attendance) and have a ton of stuff to give away.  We have been stockpiling items for the event all through COVID since we couldn't have a banquet.  We will have more items to give away this year than we will for a long while to come and we have some great games as well! 
Thanks

QR Code as well for those that want to sign up from their phone (evidently its all the rage according to my kids  :chuckle: )
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 04:36:28 PM by bearhunter99 »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]