collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Spring Bear Closed  (Read 24789 times)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: Spring Bear Closed
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2020, 11:59:31 AM »
Still plenty of time to open it (or keep it open for the blues) and hunt bears by May 4th. I bet they’ll close both areas down till then, but, no need to close the blues!  Nothing but wilderness. Only part that sucks is more people will be hunting in a shorter time frame, idiots just need to leave it all open!

They openly said they closed the NE units to limit the people who would have to travel there. I think they said 90% of the tag holders weren’t from NE WA. I hope you get to hunt, but don’t expect them to open the Blues because it’s “nothing but wilderness.”

:twocents:
The blues are still open Josh, they never closed them.  I wish the title of this thread read, "NE spring bear closed". I keep thinking they updated it when I see this pop up.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2020, 12:59:47 PM »
Still plenty of time to open it (or keep it open for the blues) and hunt bears by May 4th. I bet they’ll close both areas down till then, but, no need to close the blues!  Nothing but wilderness. Only part that sucks is more people will be hunting in a shorter time frame, idiots just need to leave it all open!

They openly said they closed the NE units to limit the people who would have to travel there. I think they said 90% of the tag holders weren’t from NE WA. I hope you get to hunt, but don’t expect them to open the Blues because it’s “nothing but wilderness.”

The blues are still open Josh, they never closed them.  I wish the title of this thread read, "NE spring bear closed". I keep thinking they updated it when I see this pop up.

Maybe I should have said "don't expect them to keep the Blues units open because it's nothing but wilderness." Regardless of how you look at it, their end goal is to limit traveling and keep people home.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2020, 01:00:09 PM »

WDFW will come out with any new decision to close units on Monday.
Yes as of right now only NE Washington units only units closed.
I would expect more units to close or be closed through may 4 .
Along with turkey/fishing to remain closed.
But until Monday nobody knows.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Gunsmoke

• Hunter
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2020, 02:00:41 PM »
With the new stay home order in effect until May 4th, I guarantee they will close everything.
Liberals are very compassionate with other people's money!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2020, 02:53:22 PM »
In accordance with Governor Jay Inslee's extension of the "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" order, all state lands will continue to be closed to the public through May 4.

WDFW Director Kelly Susewind said, "We know many Washingtonians find great solace in spending time on the water or in the wilderness, and we are taking these painful steps only because of the urgent need to protect the health and well-being of our neighbors and communities. We ask for your patience and compliance because there are lives at stake."

Please stay home and stay healthy. You have a role in saving lives in your community and statewide. We wish for you and your friends and family to stay healthy too, so that you can return to the waterways and lands we all value when it's safe to do so.

We anticipate sharing additional fishing and hunting season announcements on Monday, April 6.

More details on state lands extension: https://wdfw.wa.gov/news/state-lands-closure-extended-may-4.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2020, 03:53:48 PM »
BUT ITS OK TO GO STAND IN LINE AT THE STORE OR THE G DAMN POT SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YES, I'M YELLING, THIS IS F'  N BULL....

Offline ridgefire

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2020, 04:07:20 PM »
I agree. It's a bunch of b.s. Looks like their might be a little less shed hunters out there this year. I wonder what the ticket is and wonder if a warden or sheriff would actually write you up or look the other way.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2020, 04:23:10 PM »
Send am email to WDFW .

https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,248119.msg3338999/topicseen.html#new

It probably won't do any good but hay might as well right.
Heck ask for our points back plus permits if they open.
Ask for extended season.
Whatever you want never hurts to ask ,what's the worse they can say ,NO
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Tenkara

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2020, 04:23:50 PM »
BUT ITS OK TO GO STAND IN LINE AT THE STORE OR THE G DAMN POT SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YES, I'M YELLING, THIS IS F'  N BULL....
You could use a trip to the pot shop by the sound of it . Lol

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2020, 04:33:09 PM »
You could use a trip to the pot shop by the sound of it . Lol
ok, I needed that laugh. 

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2020, 04:34:40 PM »

Maybe it isn't because of the people you are going to interact with while hunting but maybe the people you are interacting going to and from. Ok so maybe you won't interact with anyone going to or from but are you the rule or the exception. Or maybe you are the only person going bear hunting.
Life's a bitch and then you die so get over it and suck it up butterfup
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2020, 04:48:11 PM »
I agree. It's a bunch of b.s. Looks like their might be a little less shed hunters out there this year. I wonder what the ticket is and wonder if a warden or sheriff would actually write you up or look the other way.

Wonder that myself . It's odd to not be out every weekend looking for sheds hiking, or fishing.  I got 1 shed this year well before closure and it pains me not to go but ill.listen for my families well being . But I know ma my aren't and there are people still o  social media having a  hay day still  shedding away

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2020, 07:56:35 PM »
In accordance with Governor Jay Inslee's extension of the "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" order, all state lands will continue to be closed to the public through May 4.

WDFW Director Kelly Susewind said, "We know many Washingtonians find great solace in spending time on the water or in the wilderness, and we are taking these painful steps only because of the urgent need to protect the health and well-being of our neighbors and communities. We ask for your patience and compliance because there are lives at stake."

Please stay home and stay healthy. You have a role in saving lives in your community and statewide. We wish for you and your friends and family to stay healthy too, so that you can return to the waterways and lands we all value when it's safe to do so.

We anticipate sharing additional fishing and hunting season announcements on Monday, April 6.

More details on state lands extension: https://wdfw.wa.gov/news/state-lands-closure-extended-may-4.

So they closed the state lands, but where did they say the seasons were closed?
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2020, 08:05:35 PM »

So they closed the state lands, but where did they say the seasons were closed?

Its not exactly hard to find.  Wdfw home page.  Big corona virus link at the top.  Click the link and read.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2020, 08:10:36 PM »
I only see where they have closed the NE bear hunts, youth season and all state lands. I thought I read guys were claiming that spring turkey season has been closed already. Maybe I misread it, but that's what I was referring to.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]