collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Looking for backcountry hunting partner or group  (Read 2163 times)

Offline egranning

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: BHA
Looking for backcountry hunting partner or group
« on: May 16, 2020, 12:50:09 AM »
Hi All,

I'm looking for a fellow big game, primarily mule deer, backcountry hunting partner, or group. My partner for the last two seasons doesn't have the flexibility in his schedule this year, and possibly future years, to hunt.

For a bit of background, I'm originally from Michigan, where I hunted whitetail for around 10 years and got into backcountry mule deer hunting over the last 2 years after moving out here in 2017. I have extensive backpacking and hiking experience; so backcountry hunting is an ideal experience. This is mainly so I can get further away from road hunters, no offense to those individuals, just not the experience I want for myself. In the last two years, I hunted the greater Teanaway area but now I want to change it up after seeing to much pressure from hikers, dirt bikers, and other hunters.

I have e-scouted some areas on the Eastern side of the Cascades that I would like to scout in-person this summer so if you are interested feel free to personal message me or comment here and we can connect in your preferred way.

Looking forward to connecting!

Offline tself9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Re: Looking for backcountry hunting partner or group
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 05:00:46 PM »
Hello,
Ever find anyone? I could be interested and should know early next week.  My partner for a planned rifle deer trip in eastern Washington is being non-committal right now. I've set aside 10/15 to 10/21 for the season and I was looking at the Okanogan area. 

I've only seriously bow-hunted so far, and only for 3 years.  I've yet to get an animal but this year I really stepped up my spot and stalk game and I was within 10-50 yards of legal deer all 5 days of my trip.  I came to full draw several times as well but just couldn't get the mostly broadside shot I wanted before spooking them.  Anyway, I've got the multi-season deer permit, my .308 shot is solid up to 300 yds., and I really want to get my first hunted meat in the freezer this year. 

I'm geared for backcountry but haven't had a backcountry trip yet.  I've skinned, gutted, and quartered several lambs and one deer (I hit with my SUV :/ last year), so I have plenty of experience there. 

Let me know if you're still looking and we can talk more as I await my partner's final answer.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal