collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2018 bear  (Read 5258 times)

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
Re: 2018 bear
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2020, 02:32:50 PM »
I've got a bobcat laying around that I've thought about having rugged. a wood frame like that might make it a little more substantial.
Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

Offline HikerHunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, NWTF, NRA, WHEIA
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2020, 03:41:04 PM »
This is how I did one of mine..  Put a couple sheets of plywood together, roughly traced the outline of the rug, cut it out and stapled the rug to the plywood.  Then, located a couple studs in the wall, determined the angle I wanted, notched the backside of the plywood and hung it.

I like the look of that! How did you secure the pieces of plywood together? did you use a stain on the plywood? This might get me permission to hang my rug in the living room, hehe

Offline 87Ford

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2020, 04:04:39 PM »
This is how I did one of mine..  Put a couple sheets of plywood together, roughly traced the outline of the rug, cut it out and stapled the rug to the plywood.  Then, located a couple studs in the wall, determined the angle I wanted, notched the backside of the plywood and hung it.

I like the look of that! How did you secure the pieces of plywood together? did you use a stain on the plywood? This might get me permission to hang my rug in the living room, hehe
I used a couple of 1x4's and some screws though the plywood into the 1x4's.  Think I also put some wood glue along the joint just to help.  I originally did it as a way to hang it, but the way it turned out, it really "pops" off the wall and the plywood border does add some perceived size to the rug.  It wasn't the biggest bear. :)  Yes, I did stain the plywood.  Really didn't take much effort to make, but turned out pretty cool I think.     

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2020, 04:40:05 PM »
I used finish nails through the leather every 6-8 inches around the entire skin. Doesnt need to be in any studs and the felt wont begin to stretch and sag that way.
My nails were black so not noticeable either.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal