collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Commission to Shorten the east side deer season  (Read 1349 times)

Offline hunter399

• Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
Commission to Shorten the east side deer season
« on: January 24, 2021, 08:44:03 PM »
So I watched the last zoom meetings from the commission regarding the 4pt min in district 1.
Pretty much WDFW solution to "save" mature bucks is to Shorten the late firearm season. Everybody has seen the fine for not reporting go up to 20 dollars. I'm sure a licence increase is not far behind. Basically pay more for less time in the woods.Alot of there information is based off a wsu survey last spring from hunters in which over 90% of hunters said they didn't want the season shorter.
Anyway the different options from the sounds of it .
1, APR
2 SEASON SHORTER
3 NO CHANGE AT ALL.

So WDFW is gonna recommend shorter season to the commission I believe.
At this point even I want no change ,cause they just are not gonna break on the 4pt min.
If you like hunting the NE corner,I recommend you contact the commission and let them know you don't want shorter season.
Final decision will be made at a march meeting .
I will post links to contact commission and to the zoom meeting in a few minutes.
Just like spring bear and many other issues coming up if you don't let your voice be heard .Time in the woods will slip away.

Two birds in the Bush is always better than one in the hand-that way you can always go to the Bush and hunt another day .conservation=Better hunting.
Wrote by hunter399

Offline hunter399

• Political Topics
  • Frontiersman
Re: Commission to Shorten the east side deer season
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 08:48:29 PM »
Two birds in the Bush is always better than one in the hand-that way you can always go to the Bush and hunt another day .conservation=Better hunting.
Wrote by hunter399

Offline Seabass

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 08:51:57 PM »
That would be a bummer. A lot of areas are actually on the upswing. I think 21 & 22 could be like the 13/14 seasons... there were a lot of older bigger bucks around.

Online Ghost Hunter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 08:14:39 AM »
Did I miss something??  Looked like commission leaned towards status quo?  This with trifecta predator pack, and farmers not raising enough grain for the WT.   :rolleyes:   :bash:
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline hunter399

• Political Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 08:35:45 AM »
At this point ,I'm really not sure that a decision will be made at the March meeting .They where going to make one in March. But this comment period in February is last time to put your  :twocents. In before deciding.
Claiming they need more info.
Not sure what questions they will ask in February.
I would be very careful how you answer.
Just like the WSU survey last spring they asked if hunters wanted more mature deer to hunt.
Alot of hunter said Heck Ya
But very little supported 4pt min.
So there answer is to Shorten the late season to allow more escapement to mature bucks.
Yet there is no hunter that I know that wants shorter season.
 :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Wrote by hunter399

* Advertisement