collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Aladdin gmu 111 spring bear Help!  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Daniel.Benedict

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Aladdin gmu 111 spring bear Help!
« on: March 29, 2021, 01:28:16 PM »
Hi I知 a brand new hunter and got lucky enough to pull a spring bear tag in Aladdin wa. Gmu 111. It will be my first hunt and I might have to go solo. I was wondering if anyone could give me any info on how to be safe out there and how to be successful. I知 prior military so I知 comfortable with firearms but just concerned about grizzly bear or wolf in that area. I知 from Vancouver and don稚 have any info about the Aladdin area. If anyone has any info they would be willing to share it would be much appreciated.

Offline MooseZ25

• Hunter
Re: Aladdin gmu 111 spring bear Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 03:34:16 PM »
Wait until May to start hunting.  We still have lots of snow, then mud in the mountains.  Pack a chainsaw to cut blow downs.  Look for green grass on south slopes.  Lots of Federal land to hunt with roads for access.  I have the same tag this spring and this year should be good hunting.  Look into the Mill Creek drainages there has been lots of recent logging activity.  Very few grizzly bears to worry about but the wolves are there.  I would assume you won't see either but one never knows.  Make sure to pass your bear identification test online.   
Live Every Day To The Fullest

Offline Daniel.Benedict

• Pilgrim
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 04:36:37 PM »
Thank you much appreciated.I took a week off of work late may and was hoping I would be ok snow wise. I知 glad to hear I made a good call on the days.Thanks agian for the tips and good luck on filling your tag!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 04:54:43 PM »
Great advice from MooseZ,

Your biggest threat is going up some road and getting stuck costing *a ton* to get you out if they even will,  but by late May you'll be mostly good.

Look for fresh bear sign, I've seen areas where wolves have harassed or blown out bear and you'd be wasting your time hunting where bears *should* be rather then where they actually are. 

Fresh tracks and grass scat find that in as much quantity as you can and good luck!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 05:00:41 PM »
Also by late May use some fawn bleats, that can be exciting lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal